29

James

I woke up earlier then Riley did this morning, it's quite rare that happens nowadays. The sunlight creeping it's way around the curtains into the bedroom highlighting all of Riley's features, somehow making her even more beautiful.

So far this little get away has been better then I originally thought, Riley's now officially my girl and for the first time in a long time Riley's smile is actually genuine.

"Good morning" I speak softly as Riley starts to slowly wake up "Morning" Riley grumbles pulling the covers over her face "We can do whatever you want today" I say "Really?" Riley says now peering over the top of the quilt "Yeah, anything you want to do we will" I softly explain "Can we explore this place some more? I saw they had a nice walk yesterday" Riley asks "Of course we can" I say softly leaving a kiss on her forehead before getting up to start the day

The walk had taken us most of the day to complete and it's safe to say that Riley and I are both exhausted. The walk was incredible, we had found this beautiful lake where you could hire some boats unfortunately they were all being used but I suppose we can use that excuse to come here again.

There was also some restaurants down there so we had some Italian for lunch, I mean that was a given being it was Riley's favourite. A smile hasn't left Riley face for the entire day until now.

"I don't want to go back to reality tomorrow" Riley sighs "I know you don't" I say trying to give Riley a reassuring look. "It's just out here I don't have a single worry in the world but back home it's never ending" Riley softly speaks as she fidgets with her hands, a known sign that Riley's now anxious.

I try my best to keep Riley's worry's away for the rest of the afternoon and my attempts are successful. I ran Riley a bath and put her favourite series on Netflix on for her so she could watch it in there while I cooked us some dinner.

"It smells incredible, what have you made?" Riley asks walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the dining table "My specialty" I smirk "Which is?" Riley questions trying to look in front of me "We've got medium rare steak cooked in garlic butter, seasoned chips and some veg" I say placing both our plates down. "Oh wow this looks amazing! Thank you James" Riley beams quickly tucking in.

We've not long been back at my house and Riley's been extremely anxious the entire day, I've tried calming her down and I'd like to think that I've helped even if it's just a small amount.

Riley and I head down to the front room where my parents and Piper are sat "Heyy" I sing getting everybody's attention "There's something we wanna tell you guys" I continue making Piper gasp "Are you guys having a baby?" Piper says excitedly jumping up and down in her seat

"No! We're way too young for that Piper" Riley says quickly slightly blushing making everybody laugh while Piper sulks "What we actually want to tell you is we're officially together" I explain "I asked her while we was away" I continue "Oh congratulations" my mum gushed pulling us both in for a hug, my dad and Piper following shortly after.

"Welcome to the family Riley, even though you already was part of it" my dad says "Thank you" myself and Riley say