31

Riley
(3 months later)

The audition's for regionals are today and I couldn't be more excited. I've been watching The Next Steps rehearsals for months now but since my health is completely back to normal Miss Kate and Michelle agreed I can try out for nationals.

A Troupe and B Troupe are all able to audition so I've got my work cut out to prove I deserve a spot after missing out for so long. As B Troupe walk in I keep my eyes peeled out for a particular brunette but she isn't anywhere to be seen.

West, Eldon, Thalia, Amanda, James and Giselle have all done their routines and each one of them pulled it off amazingly, I'd be surprised if they don't make the team.

"Riley, it's your turn now" Miss Kate announces looking up from her clip board to give me a small smile. I timidly walk to wards the centre of the room, trying to calm my nerves by taking a few deep breaths but it doesn't really do much.

I catch the gaze of James and that alone is enough to comfort me, James has always been incredible when it comes to calming me down and with that I give Miss Kate a thumbs up and start my routine.

As soon as I finish my routine the entire studio erupt with clapping and cheering "That's how it's done" West shouts. James comes running over to pick me up whispering to me "You did amazing my love" before kissing my cheek and lowering me back to my feet.

The studios doors open loudly making us all turn to look at what caused the noise. All of our gazes land on the brunette that was missing earlier, Beth walks over to me and engulfs me in a hug. I redundantly put my arms around her giving James a confused look, this isn't the Beth we all know.

"That was amazing Riley" Beth says both her hands on each of my shoulders "Thank you" I say giving Beth a smile. I couldn't help but feel extremely uncomfortable about this whole situation but maybe Beth has changed.

I mean I hope Beth has changed.. I haven't seen her in months but can someone who's done really messed up stuff change within a short amount of time?

I go and sit back down next to James trying my best to stay as far away from Beth as I possibly could and we watch the rest of the teams audition and Beth was the last one to perform.

Somehow Beth's got the exact same routine and music as I did, the only people who knew my routine was James, Eldon and Amanda since they're the ones who helped me with it after practice.

"Uh how do you and Riley have the same routine Beth?" Miss Kate questions raising an eyebrow at Beth. "Great minds think a like" Beth says shrugging her shoulders "Well I know for a fact that Riley practiced here with a select few people after everyone went home and I know that you weren't one of them" Miss Kate announces leaving Beth speechless "Since this routine was done out of spite, you definitely won't be on A Troupe and you can take your things and go home" Miss Kate continues.

We all watch in shock as Beth keeps her eyes at the ground and quickly walk out of the studio. I nudge James' arm getting his attention "Who would of told her?" I whisper making James shake his head and say "I have no idea, as far as I'm aware the people that were with us hate Beth with a passion"

I guess Beth hasn't changed at all unless her routine was merely just a coincidence.