12

James

It's almost midnight and I'm driving to a random car park where Beth had sent me her location.
Beth's in the next town over and I've never been to this car park before so many thoughts are running through my head.

As I turn into where she should be I can see Beth stood there with her arms folded, when she sees my car a smirk slowly grows on her face making me instantly regret suggesting to meet her.

I get out the car and slowly walk towards her
"can you please stop all this Beth?" I say once I'm in front of her only making her burst into laughter
"no James you knew this would happen if you ended our deal" she says a smile still on her face.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I say loudly getting frustrated
"No we're just getting started" Beth says playfully and has she turns she nods her head to something behind me.

Before I can even comprehend what's going on I feel a massive whack on the back of my head...

--

Riley

Ever since James ended things with Beth I've had restless nights from my thoughts wondering all the time and tonight was no different.
I check the time and it's almost 3am, I go to look if James replied to my message but he hasn't.
James hasn't messaged me since he dropped me home hours ago and this isn't like him at all.

I convince myself it's because he's helping Piper feel better so he doesn't want to be on his phone.
I don't understand what Beth thinks she's going to achieve by ruining all of us.
The only reason she's going after Piper is that she's James' younger sister which in my opinion is completely unfair.

I eventually drift off to sleep but that is soon interrupted as I get a phone call from James.
"Hello?" A woman's voice says making me double check who's calling me but it's James confusing me even more.

"Hello who's this?" I question
"It's Piper, Riley James is in hospital" Piper says concern coating ever word she speaks.

I jump out of bed as quickly as I can whilst saying
"is he okay?" Followed by
"what happened?" Not giving Piper a chance to respond before continuing
"can I come see him please?"

"We're on our to get you now and we don't know what's happened all we know is he was attacked" Piper says quietly while her voice starts to break. I stop getting ready and say
"Piper what did he do?"

"I think it was Beth" Piper whispers hoping her parents didn't hear making my heart drop instantly.

Myself, Piper and their parents have all been say in silence all lost within our thoughts and all with the same frightened expression across our faces.
This isn't how I wanted to meet his parents for the first time.
Earlier when I went round they were both still at work.

Myself and James had planned for us all to go out for a meal together this weekend so I could meet them properly, I'm gutted this hasn't gone to anyone's plan.

I look around the room and my gaze eventually falls on James, he looks so peaceful laying there but the tubes coming out of his body and the machines beeping beside him quickly change that. James body is full of bruises and cuts, he looks almost unrecognisable.

There's a slight nudge on my arm making me look towards Piper who gestures to her phone, a video is playing on repeat..

Beth recorded James getting beaten and has posted it with the caption
"he got what he deserved" everyone in the comments are agreeing with her.

I now feel physically sick.
I don't understand how someone can be this twisted.