Bed Time

Aizawa's POV:

I held the crying boy for a while before he calmed down.

He was holding onto me like he was afraid to be let go, face buried in my chest. I never expected this type of reaction from him. He was the last person I expected to burst into tears in this situation.

I continued hugging him, rubbing my hand up and down his back. My husband continued scratching his head. I held him until his sobs turned to sniffles, and his shaking turned to shudders.

"Bakugou... no matter what you do... whether you tell me or not... I will not be disappointed with you..."

"Nobody's upset with you."

My husband added.

"I... I wanna tell you so bad..."

He said through shuddering breaths.

I continued rubbing his back as I spoke.

"Then tell me. If that's what you want to do... then tell me..."

"...Deku was... quirkless..."

I made a sound of recognition, so he knew I was listening, but I looked up at my husband with confusion. He gave me the same look.

"All Might... he gave Deku his quirk... his quirk was passed down by a lot of people... it started with All for one..."

I couldn't help but tense at this... what kind of situation did they get themselves into?

"He gave the quirk to his brother I think... that's what Deku said... his brother passed it down, and then they passed it down, and it kept getting passed down to people until it became All Might's... and now it's Deku's... he decided to give it to Deku because he rushed into a dangerous situation without thinking about what could happen... and I guess that makes a good hero."

This was a lot more intense than I thought it would be...

"All for one is against anyone who has the quirk so... now it's Deku's responsibility... and I was able to peice it together... and I was supposed to keep the secret. It could be very dangerous for them if the wrong people found out!"

"So what you're telling me is... All Might gave Midoriya a quirk... that has serious effects on his body... that he gave to him because he saw how reckless he can be... even though he knew it would make him a target for basically every villain out there... but neither of you are allowed to tell anyone about it, even if you need support?"

He hesitated slightly.

"I... uh... when you say it like that... it sounds really bad..."

"Bakugou, it is bad! All Might put a child in danger, and then didn't tell me about it so I could at least prepare. As his teacher I should have known that. He then continued to encourage that behavior, to the point where Midoriya could have permanent repercussions!"

I shouldn't have raised my voice. None of this was Bakugou's fault.

"What happens now?..."

I looked down at the child who was usually angry and explosive... to see a kid who was confused, scared, and lost. He was just looking for answers.

"What happens now is... you getting ready for bed. We'll worry about the quirk thing later."

He looked hesitant, but I couldn't make a good decision when I was still in shock from all this new information.

My husband gestured for the boy to follow him.

Bakugou's POV:

I followed Yamada to a bedroom.