Chapter 9 : Miguel's Case.

"Hey, Kaeya?" A worried voice came from behind Kaeya, Kaeya turned his chair to face him. "Yeah? Something wrong?" He raised an eyebrow, "Chief told me to give these to you." The worry in his voice began to fade as he gave Kaeya a file.

"Thank you," He gladly took it, "Also, I just wanted to ask if you were okay. You usually never do your work so..." Kaeya laughed at the statement, "I'm fine, really. I'm just doing a case." He explained.

"A case? Aren't you an officer?" The man eyes travel towards the case file behind Kaeya but soon blinked back to Kaeya.

Kaeya smiled, "I was a detective before, so chief told me I could. Don't worry."

The man nodded with a kind smile then left Kaeya to do his work.

Kaeya was tapping his pen against the table repeatedly as he looked over the file the chief had given him. It was info about the Fatui, were they going after them again?

He underlined a few sentence and marked paragraphs.

One specific article caught his eye:

'10 people killed after being drugged by the Fatui's signature drug. Victims brains and kidneys also missing.

Detective Heizou has investigated the bodies and says:

'"We don't know who the suspect, or suspects, are in this case but we do indeed know that one of Fatui's men have done this. The missing brains, kidneys and body parts were found to be cut out carefully by someone with experience. We are investigating some local hospitals and drug testing the doctors now. Even if they don't work for any hospital, or anywhere that isn't the Fatui, it's worth a shot. We are paying close attention to any future murders with the Fatui being out first suspect in thought."

So far hospital doctors have been negative for the Fatui's drug.

Although no one knows where the Fatui's head quarters are, police forces have been searching at the edge of the city and more unexpected places.'

Kaeya's eyes narrowed as he grit his teeth.

This paper was released to the public a month ago, how has he not known about this? It's true he never did his work, or even stayed at work for more than an hour and a half but he used social media frequently.

It felt odd to him knowing he could fix this whole Fatui problem, he knew where their head quarters were and who killed those 10 people.

He questioned himself about this whole situation.

Why had the chief specifically given him this file? Does he know about him and Albedo? No, that wouldn't make sense, no one knows that Albedo works for the Fatui but him.

He decided to put it off and focus on Miguels case instead.

"Kaeya? Kaeya!"

Kaeya got snapped out from his focused state, "Sorry," He turned his chair to face an officer (he looked slightly worried about Kaeya but covered it up well).

"Everyone's already left, it's 11:45." The man handed Kaeya a coffee, which Kaeya took.

"Wait, 11:45?! Shit! I was supposed to meet up with someone!" Kaeya grabbed his bag and shoved all his files into his bag, "Uhh.." The man stood there, not knowing what to do or say.