Chapter 14 : Chiefs Beloved Detective.

Ayato took a deep breath in and out before grabbing his phone and dialing a number he knew by heart now.

"Hello? Thoma?"

"Mr. Kamisato? What can I do for you sir?"

"Thoma, I have a case for you," Ayato laid agaisnt his desk with a small smile on his face.

"Send me the details and I'll deal with it."

"I will, I will. But, it won't be that easy. You see, it's about the Fatui, I'm planning to exterminate them by next month and I can't do that if I can't find that headquarter of theirs."

"You'd like me to find the Fatui's headquarters?"

"Precisely."

"I'll be at the department in 20 minutes to discuss this with you,"

"Splendid! I look forward to seeing you, Thoma." After lustfully saying Thoma's name into the phone, he ended the call.

The man at the front desk heard the door suddenly open, looking up, his eyes widened.

He cleared his throat and looked away, too scared to look at Thoma.

Thoma awkwardly smiled at him with a small wave following.

While Thoma was walking down to Ayato's office, everyone stared at him and whispered, which made him a bit anxious.

That better not be who's taking the Fatui case.
Kaeya glared at Thoma with hate filled eyes, daring him to walk into Ayato's office.

Thoma gulped, he then disappeared into Ayato's office.

Fuck.
Kaeya clenched his fist, not want to make a scene, he went back to work like everyone else.

"Thoma! You're finally here!" Ayato excitedly jumped out of his chair, but somehow still looked formal, but his body did relax a little more.

"Good morning Mr. Kamisato." Thoma didn't try to hide the fact that he was a little worried.

"I honestly don't know what I'd do without you, case wise I mean." Ayato chuckled a little, "Of course." Thoma nodded, he didn't look at Ayato, which made Ayato frown a bit.

Thoma heard as Ayato's shoes clicked against the floor while walking closer to him.

"Thoma, why won't you look at me?" Ayato raised Thoma's chin with his index finger, Thoma bit his lip.

Ayato smiled softly, "I missed you, Thoma."

Thoma eyes widened the slightest bit, he felt his cheeks get hot, which must be because of his blushing since Ayato just smiled more.

Ayato brush his thumb against Thoma's cheek.

Ayato leaned in and passionately kissed Thoma, both of them melting into each other.

No one's ever asked, or said anything about the chiefs personally or romantic life, which made it easy for Ayato to hide little things like this.

Ayato and Thoma have been dating for 2 years now.

At their lunch break, Kaeya could hear everyone talking about Thoma.

The reason he's so "famous" is because he cracked one of the most famous cases in L.A.

Kaeya didn't think of it as a big deal at the time, until Thoma cracked two more of the biggest cases in L.A.

This is why Kaeya was so worried.

If Thoma found the Fatui's headquarters Albedo would be killed (most likely), and Kaeya would go to jail if Albedo said anything about him.

"Why do you look so frightened, Kae?" The man from earlier (who Kaeya despised so much that he never got his name) smirked at him.

"Kae? What kind of nickname is that." Kaeya wasn't looking for an answer, instead he stood up and began walking away.

"I just want to talk to you, jeez." The man quickly followed behind Kaeya.

"Can't you tell that I don't? I, honestly, never want to talk to you." Kaeya stopped in place, making the man walk into Kaeya.

"How can you not want to talk to someone you don't know?" The man hung his arms around Kaeya's neck from behind, "What's your name?" Kaeya asked, not making any more actions.

"Oh? What's this? Wanting to know more about me?" The man chuckled, "Sorry but I'm not gay like you."

"I just asked for your name, not for a date dimwit." Kaeya snapped back.

"Fine, fine, fine," The man sighed, "My name's Viktor."

"Ah, a Russian name to fit your annoying Russian accent." Kaeya then sighed, "Well Viktor, since I know you now, I still don't like you." Kaeya turned around, which made it quite awkward that Viktor still had his arms over Kaeya's shoulders.

Viktor cleared his throat (meaning this was also awkward for him as well).

"Now, could you get your filthy hands off of me?" Kaeya narrowed his eyes at him, Viktor rolled his eyes and took his arms off.

He crossed his arms after and decided not to look Kaeya in the eye.

"You've ruined my appetite, I'm going back to work." Kaeya pushed Viktor out of the way harshly to get back to his seat.

———————

Viktor probably took an am I gay quiz earlier -Author