🌊🍩Overwhelmed🥋💕

Caregiver: Sakura Ogami
Little: Aoi Asahina
hey!! this was requested by _3mb3r_ :) sorry for taking so long!! i actually had testing this week so it was super chaotic buut it has been done :D i just wanted to mention this chapter contains sensory overloads, in case that'd bother anyone. stay safe and remember to drink some water!! <3
————————————————————————

Hina had not been having a good day, and that was an understatement.

Everything had felt off today— the way things were arranged, the loud noises of her classmates talking amongst themselves, as well as her uniform being annoyingly irritating.

All she wanted was to go to her bedroom and sulk about it. But— she had a feeling that would only make her feel worse— not better.

So, she had thought about going for a swim.

Perhaps expected of the Ultimate Swimmer, but she adored it. She loved the challenge of swimming races and the feeling of the cool water splashing against her skin. She absolutely admired the way playing around in the pools could strengthen a bond with someone and provide such a source of happiness.

So... Hina soon found herself in the locker rooms, changing into her swimsuit.

She already didn't have the greatest feeling about it, with the way it clung tightly onto her body, the cold air hitting her skin as she swallowed.

But she had already gone to the trouble of putting it on and making her way to the pool, so... she didn't want to change her mind and head back.

So Hina left the locker room, heading towards the pool and beginning to walk down into the water.

Already, she truly didn't like it— it didn't provide the same amount of serotonin it usually would. The water was cold, causing her to shiver, the swimsuit sticking so tightly against her that she hated it.

The scent of the room wasn't ideal, and the chlorinated water felt awful.

She realized she didn't want to be here. She should have just gone to her room and stayed warm under her blankets.

Hina suddenly felt herself tremble as she felt tears pool in her eyes— yet she hadn't let them spill over.

She didn't even have the energy to go get changed out of her swimming clothes. She just wanted out.

Hina knew she was regressing, by the way she held herself tightly, as she chewed on her lower lip, as she felt herself get smaller and smaller.

Ah... Perhaps age regressing would've helped her with her bad day.

But it was too late for that. Too—

"Hina?"

Hina gasped, turning around and noticing Sakura walk into the room.

"Sakura?"

"I noticed you weren't in your room. The others hadn't seen you around either, so I wanted to check on you."

Hina blinked, before feeling her bottom lip waver as she frowned.

"J-Just... haven' really had a good day..." Hina mumbled, glancing down at the pool, "Thought I'd feel better i-if I came here. But... feel worse."

Sakura seemed to be in thought for a moment, before walking closer to Hina and kneeling down in front of her.

"Ah. Would you want to go back to your room instead, dear?"

Hina melted at the soft tone Sakura used with her, and she sniffled.

"Uh huh."

Sakura gave a smile and offered her hand for Hina to take, helping her out of the pool and glancing over to the locker rooms.

"Let's go get you back in your normal clothes, just for until we get back to your room. Alright?"

Hina didn't mind that idea at all.

So, once she had gotten back into her regular clothes, and her swimsuit had been tossed in the laundry, the two of them headed back to the rooms, Sakura's hand clasped tightly with Hina's.

Once they had returned, and Hina had calmed down from the entirety of the incident, Sakura cleared her throat.

"Hina?" She questioned, "Would you like to take a bath? I imagine you must be a bit uncomfortable from the pool water."

Hina chewed on her lower lip, giving a nod and standing up from the side of her bed. She had to admit— she did feel a bit of discomfort. The chlorine had made her hair all hardened and tangled, and her body still felt cold and soaked from the water.

She couldn't think of anything better than a warm bath.

"Uh huh," She mumbled, earning a chuckle from Sakura.

"Alright, kiddo. Let's go, okay?"

And so, with that, Sakura started a bath for Hina, the warm water running filling the entirety of it.

Once it was finished, Hina was more than happy to get in, giggling and splashing around. This felt quite better than swimming! It was warm, and the sensory discomfort had disappeared entirely.

Sakura only sighed, a grin tugging on her lips as she reached for a bottle of strawberry scented shampoo, clicking it open and pouring some into her hand.

"Okay, Hina, cmere!"

The two of them were quite happy to be in each other's presence. And— to be honest— as Sakura watches Hina splash and laugh in the water, and as Hina feels the comforting touch and hears the soft voice of her caregiver, neither of them would rather be anywhere else.

Hina would be okay.

In fact, with Sakura by her side, it felt impossible for things not to be okay!