🍀✨Frustrated💵☕️

Caregiver: Byakuya Togami
Little: Makoto Naegi
hello!! this was requested by Info-Chan369 :D thanks for requesting!! i hope you like this <3 have a wonderful day everyone!
————————————————————————

Byakuya sighed, scrolling through the documents he had on the computer and flipping through the papers he had enclosed in a file. There was a lot of work to be done after the Tragedy, and sorting through documents had been a majority of what he had been assigned.

Not that he minded. He was used to sitting at a desk for hours on end and going through paragraph after paragraph. He would not be the Ultimate Affluent Progeny if not. And, despite Kyoko offering to help him with some of the work, he never accepted her invitation.

However... It meant that he did not always get free time, or opportunities to be with his friends. Or, most importantly, his boyfriend.

It didn't help that his boyfriend was an age regressor, and he was the one who looked after him.

Byakuya would not trade taking care of Makoto for the world, but... sometimes, when he got really focused on his work, he found it hard to pay enough attention to him.

But, even then, they always found ways to work around that. Byakuya would compromise— telling Makoto that he'll only work for thirty more minutes, and if he'd like to, he can play in Byakuya's room until he's finished.

Today was, unfortunately, not like that.

When Makoto peeked his head into Byakuya's room with a stuffed animal clutched in his arms, Byakuya was aware he had regressed.

"'Kuya?"

Byakuya sighed, turning away from his computer and giving Makoto the most patient smile he could muster. Today was not a compromise day. He had things to do, and he needed to get it done.

"Hello, Makoto."

Makoto took that as an invite to walk fully into Byakuya's room, standing close next to his desk.

"When you gonna be done?" He murmured, "Wanna be with you."

Byakuya nodded.

"I know— I'd like to spend time with you as well, dear," He told him, "I have some things to get done though, and I'm afraid it'll take a fairly long time. Would you like to sit down and play until I can get it done?"

Makoto frowned.

"But... been workin' lots past week," He said, "Can you be done now?"

Byakuya shook his head.

"I want to be done just as much as you want me to be as well, but I have to get this finished."

"But that... that gonna take forever," Makoto whined, "Don' wanna wait 'till you get it done... Wanna play now!"

Byakuya shut his eyes. Makoto was frustrated, and while he understood how he felt, today was not his most patient day.

"I know, but you're going to have to wait for a bit, okay? You can sit next to me and watch me work, if you'd like."

"No," Makoto shook his head profusely, "You've been busy all the time— wanna do somethin' with you!"

Byakuya was surprised at his sudden bitter tone. Makoto was typically calm about most situations he found himself in.

"Makoto—" Byakuya tried to speak sternly, yet he was interrupted.

"Uh uh!"

The conversation had turned from calm to frustrated so fast that he had almost gotten whiplash.