📁🔎Playing in the Rain💚🌍

Caregiver: Rantaro Amami
Little: Shuichi Saihara
hello! this was requested by Ra1nb0wPast3ls :D i hope you like it! i hope the pacing is alright— i apologize if it seems off :( i also have my first marching band performance tomorrow which is exciting! i think it's super cute to write agere in the rain because there's so much you can do with it haha,, remember to be drinking enough water c: take care everyone and thank you for reading!
————————————————————————

"Hey, Shuichi! Be careful running down those steps!"

Rantaro called out to the little as Shuichi giggled, running down the stairs and onto the grass.

When the weather forecast said that it was supposed to rain, Rantaro wasn't too sure how Shuichi would react. It was the first time it had rained since he started looking after him. However, like most of his other little sisters, he figured it was safe to assume it would scare him.

Clearly, that was not the case. Because the second Shuichi noticed the rain pattering on the window, he begged Rantaro to take him outside. There was no way he could say no when Shuichi was so excited, so he buttoned up their raincoats and opened the front door.

"'Taro, 's a puddle," Shuichi pointed as Rantaro just finished making his way down the steps.

"That is, isn't it?" Rantaro told him, "Hmm. You want to have a competition? One to see who can splash the most?"

Shuichi gasped.

"Bet I can!" He grinned, a hint of determination flashing through his eyes.

The two began jumping in the puddle. Water splashed onto their ankles, and pretty much everything around them, too.

Shuichi was giggling the whole time, excitement on his expression while he jumped around with Rantaro. It was about the competition, sure, but it was also incredibly fun.

Eventually, after jumping for a good three minutes straight and getting splashed with water constantly, Rantaro noticed that Shuichi had begun to shiver. It wasn't like he would admit defeat, though, so Rantaro was the one who called it off, telling Shuichi that he 'surrendered', and 'how was he so good'!

Rantaro might have possibly been taking smaller jumps on purpose in order to let Shuichi win, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Besides, the look on his face when he realized he won was something Rantaro wouldn't trade for the world.

After praising Shuichi for winning the competition, Shuichi asked what they'd be doing next.

"Hmm..." Rantaro thought, "Is there anything you had in mind, love?"

Shuichi contemplated it for a moment before his eyes lit up. He grabbed onto Rantaro's hand, squeezing it tightly and interlacing their fingers together.

"Dance, 'Taro! Can we dance? In the rain?"

Rantaro blinked, before breaking out into a smile.

"Of course," He said, "Let's be careful, though. We don't want to fall, do we?"

"Uh uh!"

So, with that, Shuichi held onto Rantaro's other hand. They swayed around with each other, the rain splattering onto them as they did so.

After a while, Rantaro began to speak.

"Hey, angel, let go of one of my hands," He said, "I'll spin you."

Shuichi tilted his head, letting go and watching as Rantaro gently lifted his arm up.

"Now, spin! Then come right back around," Rantaro told him, "I'll catch you."