💵☕️Breathe in, breathe out🍀✨

Caregiver: Makoto Naegi
Little: Byakuya Togami
hello! this was requested by Byakuwuya_Towogami :) man i have had quite a few naegami requests— always happy to write for them, though! :D this oneshot does describe what a panic attack may feel like, so maybe skip over that if you need to! the holidays are getting close— i'm pretty excited JKDJDK,, i hope you all enjoy this oneshot! take care, and happy holidays! <3
————————————————————————

Byakuya thought today was going to be a good day.

He was going to be cleaning out his dorm room (he always liked his space clean), and after that, he'd be going out for lunch with his boyfriend.

He would have liked to get four star sushi, but Makoto reminded him it was his turn to pay, which ultimately led them to agree on conveyor belt for today.

Byakuya tried to insist that he could pay, that it would be no problem, but Makoto liked to have a chance to pay as well. Byakuya didn't see the point, but if Makoto was happy, then so was he.

He was organizing the clutter that had begun under his bed. He'd recently had a bad habit of putting objects under his bed that weren't of much importance. So, he wanted to clean it out.

Not that anyone would be looking under his bed. It was just the thought of his room being clean.

He had just finished putting a few pens back on his desk when he noticed a dusty photo under his bed.

He narrowed his eyes, reaching out to grab it and take a good look at it, brushing the dust off with his thumb and blinking when he saw the contents of it.

It was... of him and his siblings, his two parents dressed nicely in the background.

He couldn't have been older than four or five, his siblings a similar age. Everyone was smiling. Everyone appeared happy.

His father was dressed in a nice suit and tie, his hair slicked back and a barely noticeable smile on his face.

His mother had a black dress on that went to her knees, as well as black heels and bright red lipstick. A wide smile painted her face, and her perfect teeth shone through the image.

And his siblings— His siblings were lined up in a line, but they all had looks of joy on their face. They were happy. They were safe.

They weren't... abandoned.

And suddenly, Byakuya felt no older than a child. He was frozen in place, his eyes glued to the photo in hand.

He had won the fight of becoming the heir.

But that was at the cost of his siblings being kicked out and abandoned.

With that, he felt tears prick at his eyes, and he took a shaky breath in. This was fine. He just needed to put this up. He just needed to get away from it.

But with one more glance at the photo, he felt the tears blurring his vision spill over, and he shoved the photo back under his bed, his breathing all sharp and panicked.

It all escalated so quickly, and before he could stop it, he felt like his mind had gone blank with panic, his sobs racking his body and making it difficult to get air into his lungs.

He felt terrible. He felt dirty. Like the abandonment of his siblings was somehow on him.

He couldn't help but feel awful about himself, too— his parents constantly shouting at him to work harder, be better, and if he didn't learn how to complete everything perfectly at seven years of age he would be a shameful part of the family.