Krampus At The Pole

Thanksgiving arrived; however, the air at the workshop felt tense, as if something evil was bound to happen. Bernard and Alfina stood next to each other, watching the elves work, "Shall we get Scott Calvin?" Alfina addresses the head elf. Bernard eyes the protector with a smirk, "Let's go!"

------------------------------------------------------------

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

The Miller's front door opens, and Neil glares as the other side of the door reveals Scott Calvin. "Hey, Neil." Scott entered the front door and stood next to Neil, "Scott." He hissed, "You're not supposed to be here." Scott raises a gloved hand at Neil and points at him, "Don't make me beat you up, Neil."

Neil blocks Scott from entering further into the house, "Oh, would Santa really beat someone up?" He sneered.

"I'm this close."

"So, you still believe you're Santa?"

"I don't know." Scott shrugged his shoulders. "What do you mean you don't know!?" Charlie's voice calls out from the dining room. Scott ducks down from Neil's arm and spots Charlie in his mother's arms. "Of course you are, Dad! How can you say that? Think of all those kids." Charlie whined.

"The only kid I'm thinkin' about is you," Scott answered his son. Laura sets Charlie down on his feet. "Dad, I'm fine. You can't let them down. They all believe in you!" Charlie replied. Neil stomps over to Charlie and kneels in front of him, "Charlie, listen-"

"You listen! You think you know who he is! You don't!" Charlie bellowed, glaring at Neil, causing him to step back from the young child.

Laura kneeled next to her son, "Charlie. Honey, listen. You're confused." Charlie tears up, "I know exactly who he is." Neil's eyes narrowed, and he leaned his face to Charlie, "Charlie, he's not Santa!" He shouted.

"He is too, Santa! We went to the North Pole together. I saw it. The elves are real old, even though they look like me. Bernard called me sport 'cause he knew everything." Charlie snapped at Neil before facing Scott, "Right, Dad?"

Scott stares at his son sadly. With an upset posture, Charlie held the snow globe in his hand, "Remember!" He tosses the snow globe to Scott, who catches it perfectly. Scott watches the snow fall inside the snow globe, revealing the image of him and his son on the sleigh flying over the houses. The new Santa smiles as he squints at his son, "Thank you, Charlie. Thank you."

Charlie dashes into his father's arms and hugs him, "I love you, Dad." Santa returns the hug, then faces Laura and Neil, "Could you guys leave us alone for a minute? I mean so that I can say goodbye to him properly?"

Laura and Neil glimpse at each other, unsure, but walk out of the room, to give them space. Charlie quickly snaps his head to his father, "You saw! You saw the ball come to life." Santa smirked at his son, "You bet I did." Santa clears his throat, "Well, Charlie, I guess I-I better go."

"I'll get my stuff!" Charlie spun around the staircase and sprinted up them, but his father's voice instantly stopped him.

"Well, wait, sport. Sport." Santa snatches his son's arm, and Charlie faces him, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." Then, finally, Santa lets go of Charlie and fold his hands together, "I think it's a much better idea if you just stayed here with your mom."

Alfina and Bernard arrived at the Millers' house in the dining room in time to see Charlie and Santa talk. Bernard eyes the turkey and grabs a slice. "I wanna stay with you, Dad." Alfina watches Charlie answer his father. Santa chuckles, "Boy, I love hearing you say that."

"You mean I can go?"

Then Bernard decided to make their presence known, "Boy, This bird is dry. Haven't you people heard about basting?" He swallows the piece of meat in his mouth before standing up from the dining room chairs, surprising Santa and Charlie.