At The Miller's

"Let me get this straight. You were de-Santified? And you only have 27 days to find a wife, or you're out?" Laura asks, sitting next to Neil by the counter with a confused and worried look on her face. All three adults and Charlie gathered together in the kitchen. "Yeah," Scott answered depressingly. "What are you going to do? We dated for three years before you got up the courage to propose." Laura mentioned, popping a chocolate-covered cherry in her mouth. Neal had his arms crossed on the table and an eyebrow raised, "That's a pretty serious commitment issue, isn't it?" Scott huffs in annoyance and sarcastically frowns at Neil, "Yes, Sigmund. I was afraid I'd mess up the first time. I'm more afraid now."

Charlie stood next to the counter and worryingly stared at his father, "Dad, you can't give up. There's never been a better Santa." Charlie points out, leaning against the counter; the teen grabs a bag of chips and begins eating.

"I appreciate that. It's for the best. If I had spent more time with you, you'd spend less time in the spray paint industry." Scott gestures to his son. Laura shook her head, "Don't do that to yourself. You have been a great dad. And being Santa has made you an even better man." The kitchen went silent before Neil cleared his throat.

"I'm gonna go out on an emotional limb." Neil began, making Scott shake his head, "Don't try to make me cry." Neil sat up and grabbed Laura's hand, keeping eye contact with Scott, "Believe it or not, you have a great capacity for love. I know you can find someone wonderful to spend the rest of your life with. Don't let the facts that you have no time, no prospects, and a paralysing fear of intimacy get you down." Neil smiles as Charlie gives his stepfather a strange look. Scott frowns at Neil, then puts one hand under his bearded chin.

"Hm. Have you ever helped anyone? Ever?" Scott questioned sarcastically, crossing his arms. Laura sat up as an idea came to mind, "You know what I'm gonna do? I am going to look through my phone book and see who's still out there and not too bitter." Scott began shaking his hands, 'no,' but Neil nodded his head, "There are divorced moms at school who'll go out with anybody."

"As promising as this sounds, I don't need help with this area. Your old man was a high-school legend—a double letterman. I had a Mustang. So as far as dating goes, I think if anybody can stir up the old mojo, it would be moi. Come on! I don't think there's a woman out there that doesn't want a piece of this." Scott mentioned. Laura and Neil turned their heads as Scott's beard vanished before them. Charlie also gapped at his father as the front door opened and closed. "Hi, Mom!" A young girl's voice calls out.

"Lucy!" Scott turns to see Lucy run out of the front hall into the kitchen, "Uncle Scott!" She sprints into Scott's arms and hugs him, "How's my little sweet pea? Ohh! I haven't seen you in a long time. Tell me what's been happenin'." Scott lifted Lucy onto the counter with a grin. "I learned how to swim underwater. And I'm not afraid!" Lucy announced. "That's amazing! Maybe we'll have to go to the mall and... get some ice cream." Scott says, making Lucy gasp in excitement.

"Dad, plenty of women at the mall."

"Charlie!" Scott warned, turning to his son, who just shrugged and gave him an innocent look. Lucy glances between her brother and Scott, "What's going on?"

"Let us get that ice cream, Lucy." Scott avoided the question and grabbed his wallet. Then, taking the little girl's hand, they walked out the door and hopped in the car to the mall.