Jack's Gift To Santa

Jack led Scott out of the room where Carol and her parents sat with a broken tree topper. Scott sighed as he and Jack Frost stood on the balcony outside the workshop.

"It's over. I thought I had a second chance at having a family, but I blew it again." Scott rested his hands on the rails and felt disappointed in himself. "Hey. There's no one I know who could hold this all together but you." Jack replied with a smile.

"But I didn't. My in-laws resent me, Christmas is a disaster, and my pregnant wife wishes that she never had met me." Scott trailed off, feeling uncertain about himself. Jack glances between the gift he had in his hand and Scott, "I was gonna wait until tomorrow to give you this, but... I think you need a bit of a pick-me-up now." He hands the gift to Scott, but he shakes his head, not reaching for it, "I can't."

Jack rolled his eyes playfully, "Come on. Open it." He beamed at Scott, "I don't feel like it."

"It'll make you feel better."

"I don't feel like it," Scott repeated with a shake.

"Come on, open it, please," Jack spoke appealingly. He was finally satisfied that Scott took the bait, "Thanks." Jack took a moment of silence with the big man, "So are there times when you wonder..." He paused, side-glancing at the jolly man.

"Wonder what?"

"If this was even..."

"Worth it? More than you know." Scott scoffed and rubbed his nose, his thoughts going to Bernard and Alfina. "Tonight's one of these times, huh?" Jack frowns suddenly, "What's on his mind now?" He pondered.

"Wish I'd never put that red coat on."

Jack breathes in through his nose, "So... you wish you'd never become Santa at all?"

"I wish I'd never become Santa." Scott slowly opens the gift without looking. "At all?" Jack pressed on.

"At all. At all. Yeah, at all." Scott holds the gift in his hand and faces Jack, "I wished I'd never been Santa at all. Happy?"

"I am now." Jack wickedly smiles as he stares at the object in Scott's hand. Scott's eyes widened in shock. His snow globe is in his hand, "No!" 

POOF!

"Ho ho ho." Scott and Jack appeared at the old Calvin residence from twelve years ago and spotted the previous Santa on the roof. Jack jumped up and ran to the house, calling, "Hey, you!"

"Ho ho... Uh-oh!" The previous Santa slips off the roof and lands on the ground with a thud. Then the last Santa disappears and leaves behind his coat. Scott runs behind Jack and jumps on him, "Get off me, blubber ball!" Jack shouts with Scott holding him down, "I will not let you put on that coat!" Scott grunts, holding Jack down, "Oh, yeah? Watch me!"

"Don't even think about it, Jack." Scott leaps up and runs around the snowman in the yard.

WHACK!

"Oomph!" Scott falls back to the ground in a daze. Jack runs up to the coat and slips it on. "You hit me with a shovel!" Scott shakes his head and gazes up to see Jack tie the sash around his waist, "Adios, fatty!" Jack laughs as magic swirls around him.

"No, Frost, no!" Scott peers down to see the magic swirl around him, "Oh, no."