What Is He Doing?

It was challenging to hold out with the toy, with Christmas arriving in a few days. Bernard, Alfina, and Curtis were carving their route through the workshop. "Curtis, what is he doing in the naughty-and-nice centre?" Bernard unexpectedly raised a question. Alfina's eyes broadened in uncertainty. Bernard limped almost from his eight-year-old wound as they scrambled toward the naughty-and-nice-centre.

"What's going on?" Alfina demanded, scowling at the plastic parasite.

"I'm checking the naughty-nice list. I'm checking it twice." The toy sniggered at the protector and head elf. Eventually, Curtis anticipated how apprehensive commodities were coming to be.

"I already told you!" Bernard shouted. Alfina bumped his arm. The elf catches sight of a few elves glancing over at them, "It's been checked. Don't worry." He lowered his voice, not wishing for the elves to get wary.

"I do worry. There are a lot of mistakes. I'll give you a big fat, for instance! In Denmark, there's a guy named Sven Halstrom right here. He's a Dane. He was wiping his nose on his sister's shirt. Yuk! That's not very nice! And yet he's on the nice list." The toy pointed his plastic finger to the child's name on the chart, disappointed to see the youngster wasn't on the naughty list.

"We try to cut most children slack this time of year." Curtis faltered. Bernard and Alfina glance at each other worryingly. The toy shook his head, "I don't understand that! Kids are misbehaving everywhere. They're running with scissors. They're sticky. 'I'm not gonna stop this car!', 'No, we're not there yet!', 'Brush your teeth!', 'Pick up those clothes!' It goes on and on." He moped.

"But they're just kids! Everybody misbehaves some time." Bernard rationales. The toy Santa shook his head, "Everyone is breaking the rules; kids are misbehaving. Even you, head elf!" Bernard frowns, "What?" The toy takes the Santa Handbook from one of the elves, "It states here that elves can't fall in love with humans. Particularly that hideous girl standing next to you. You wiped out that rule!" The toy Santa accused.

"I'm no mere human, you plastic parasite! And I'm not ugly!" Alfina lashed out at the toy, her face growing dark with resentment and her fists curled up. Bernard clutched her shoulders, realizing how tensed up they were. The doll dismissed her, propelling back to the naughty children, "But according to The Santa Handbook, naughty kids get lumps of coal in their stockings. Right? We will make stockings. In my opinion, they should all get coal in their stockings. Don't you?"

"No! That's not how it works!" Curtis yelled out. Toy Santa squats towards the young elf, "Get me the naughty-nice list. Get me every list! Get me everything." The toy Santa stomps away with the handbook in his grasp.

Once the doll vanished from their view, Bernard and Curtis examined Alfina. She was trembling in the head elf's arms. Curtis frightfully extends for her hand, "Alfina?" The elves protector hurls a hazardous scowl at him, "What?" Her voice clouded over. Bernard enveloped his arms around her fast as he could. Alfina lunged at Curtis, but Bernard hugged tightly to her.

Curtis flinched at her unexpected outbreak, "Curtis go, just go." Bernard warned the younger. Obediently, Curtis stepped on it right away, and Bernard towed Alfina, practically hauling her up the stairs to his headquarters. Approaching the door, Bernard fastens one arm around Alfina's waist, tugging her back against his chest and the other unlocking the door.

Battling to keep a tight hold on her, Bernard eventually brings her inside and locks the door. Releasing the twenty-year-old, Alfina tramples off from the elf, not wishing to glance at him as silent tears fall from her eyes. Bernard walks up behind her and snakes his arms around her waistline, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Please don't cry..." He kisses the side of her head. Alfina shuddered in his arms. The elf sighed and shuffled in front of her, his arms still gripping her midsection, "Listen to me, Alfina. Ignore what that toy said. You are beautiful, wonderful, amazing, and I cherish you like no one else." He gently smiles at her.

"Can't you just say 'I love you'?"

Bernard grants her a handsome smile, "I love you, Alfina." The young woman delivers the elf a watery smile, wiping away her tears, "I-I love you too, Bernard." She sniffles. The head elf gently brushes her tears off her cheek and pecks her lips. Alfina fusses as he pulls away. He noticed what she craved. Holding her hands, he directs her to his desk. He grabs her waistline and heaves her onto the desk.

He placed his hands on the desk on both sides of her, his eyes darkened, and he bit his lip, eyeing her like she was his prey. Alfina grabbed his hands and coiled her fingers around his. Bernard tilted near and connected his lips to her heart-shaped lips. Then, taking his right hand, Bernard deliberately trailed up her arm to her neck. He doesn't pull from her but allows his lips to trail from her mouth to her neck, resulting in her moaning his name.

The elf yearned for her to remain silent. Bernard mashed his mouth against hers and hoisted her up off the desk. Alfina envelops her arms around his neck, and her legs fasten around his abdomen as Bernard lifts Alfina towards the sofa and positions her down, maintaining a lip lock.

"One moment..." He rasped, descending from the sofa and towards the door. Alfina watched; her eyelids drooped as the elf bolted up the door. Bernard deliberately advances back to Alfina and places himself on top of her, kissing her. "Bernard..." Alfina murmurs as he kisses her cheek.

"Don't worry, Alfina. I won't go that far." He hums in her ear, resulting in a shudder that wanders down her backbone.

"Okay." She silently uttered.