The In-Laws Are Coming

"Baby Claus is on the way. Ladies, keep up. Please, hot water and hot ointments. You think sugar plums." Scott pushed Carol on a rolling bed to the elfirmary fast, "Do not panic! Do not panic! Curtis, the baby's coming."

"Cocoa, the baby's coming," Curtis calls out.

"Mrs. Claus, the baby's coming." One of the elves spoke, "I know!" Carol shouted as they dodged the elves.

"Deep breaths. That's gonna leave a mark. Push." Scott grunts as one of the elves jump out of the way and land hard on the ground. Once reaching the elfirmary room, Carol was breathing fast, "Oh. Oh, Scott."

"Everything's gonna be all right. Where's Dr. Hismus?" Scott called out.

"Oh, oh, Scott."

"I'm right here, babe. I'm right here. It's all right."

"Honey, it was a false alarm." Carol groans. The elves moaned, "Again? I stopped a pedicure for this?" The elves left the room grumbling.

Returning to their room, Carol softly sang 'Jingle Bells', and her face lit up, "Scott! Scott, come here. Come here just for a second. Come here. Scott, come here. Come here, come here, come here."

"Okay." Scott set his work on the table and sat next to his wife.

"Ready? Wait for the kick." Carol began singing, and the baby kicked. Scott's face lit up, and a smile grazed his lips, "He's a genius."

"He?"

"She. She's brilliant like her mother, with rhythm like her dad." Scott explained.

"Yes. But not amazing timing. I wish the baby had come this afternoon or last week like we thought. I'm going crazy. I'm really going crazy." Carol mentions sadly.

"You need a diversion." Scott stood up and began to leave the room. Carol shook her head, "No, no, Scott. No more gifts. You gave me a necklace, oven mitts, and the cheese wheel."

"This is not for you. This is for the baby. I'll be back in a jiff." Scott leaves the room, then the fireplace opens up, "Ho ho! Ho! Ho!" Carol giggled as her husband reappeared with a sack.

"That never gets old. Okay, now what do we have in the bag for a baby? Well, oddly enough, we have a baby bag. And inside that baby bag, let's see what it is... We have..." Scott pulls out a thin wire.

"Oh. Oh, Scott! Oh, honey, it's beautiful. The baby's gonna love it." Carol frowned until the wire became a spinning baby ornament.

"Yeah. It spins around like this."

KNOCK KNOCK!

"Oh. Later. Come on in." Scott calls out. The door opens, and Dr. Hismus enters the room.

"Hey, doc." The jolly man sits back down next to his wife.

"Dr. Hismus, I'm glad you could come," Carol says.

"How are you today?"

"I'm a little concerned because the baby hasn't come yet."

"No need to worry, Mrs. Claus." Dr. Hismus sets his kit next to him and begins to get the blood pressure tool together as Curtis enters the room, "Santa! Production has been so behind. We need you on the floor immediately."

"I can't come down now. It's impossible. I'm still mapping out the sleigh route. Got plenty of work here." Scott gestures to the table full of paper. The elf walks up to it and points to the naughty-nice list, "Have you checked this list once?"

"I perused it."

"Help me help you. Help me help you." Curtis walks up to his boss. Scott stared at him, confusion on his face.