𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰:

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

While you tried to ease down the rumours, nothing could stop the student council from getting to know about it. And they argued that it was all a set up. You already knew it's something for you to get into trouble, you don't understand why they all keep acting like you're stupid. After having a talk to the students earlier, they all describe a male student who told them that you paid their debt, with the same and exact details. But none knew the male student's name.

You still have that under investigation. Even though kirari told you that you have no power, you aren't dumb to not take advantage of your position as vice president. You sent the beautification officers to deal with the matter and you don't need Kirari's permission to do so at all. But there was something more important that occupied your mind. A meeting, not any kind, but a family meeting and with the Momobami grown-ups.

It will take place after lunch, and for some reason you are taking part in it. There's no doubt that you are pretty nervous, you can feel your mouth has gone dry. You had no idea what it was going to be about and Kirari wasn't the one to tell you things, she loves letting you discover on your own.

You set down your chopsticks, you've finally finished your lunch. If it wasn't because of Kirari's sudden question, you wouldn't have realised you were displaying a dead expression.

"Why the unhappy face?" She asked, and crossed her legs.

"It's probably the nerves," You replied and gave her a small smile. Of course, Kirari wouldn't simply take that and believe it. When things between you and her finally start to get better, when finally no one can intervene in your relationship, you encounter another problem. Her gambling addiction.

"Are you really that worried? It's a simple meeting, nothing to worry about," she assured you and smiled before she took another sip of her green tea.

Yes, nothing can make you change your mind that the obstacle between you and her is her gambling addiction. All her loving and caring episodes came and went like the wind. The secretive, controlling, possessive Momobami Kirari you first met was back again.

Gambling doesn't help you find yourself, gamble makes you lose yourself.

You took a deep breath and nodded to her response, "I suppose. Hey, about Yuri..." the girl's name got Kirari's attention as she waited patiently for what you had to say close to her.

"Why? There was no need to have done that to her," You glared at her, "you could've let this pass once."

She set down her cup, and gaze over to the large aquarium. For some reason she refused to look your way. Her lips parted to comment on your question, "Your worries for her have me thinking..."

You scoffed and lifted an eyebrow, "Oh please, you know it isn't like that. But I doubt anyone would want to be in her shoes. Seriously, she's a slave to every pervert."

She chuckled and finally made eye contact with you. Something about the way she just looked at you made you wish she didn't. From her glare you can tell that if you keep this conversation it might not end well.

"Now, now, Y/n. Whatever she goes through is none of our concern," she said and smiled. But that smile was just there to hide how annoyed she was starting to get.