𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗸𝗼

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟬:

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗸𝗼

Classes were over, Mary was waiting impatiently in one of the school's adondon rooms. Lina had asked her to meet up with her alone but Mary still brought Ririka along.

"I wonder what important thing she must discuss with you," Ririka said, a little curious. Whatever she had to share might not surprise her. After everything she has witnessed, nothing can surprise her anymore.

"Looks like she ain't comi–" Mary paused when she saw the door open. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw the girl in her wheelchair step in along with Lina and a blonde boy.

Even Ririka wasn't expecting this. The expelled Totobami Terano was back on the school campus.

"T-terano-san?" Ririka mumbled.

"What's going on here?" Mary glared at Lina, who just stepped back and remained quiet.

"Long time no see, Ririka," Terano smiled then looked over at Mary, "Saotome Mary, I've asked Lina to kindly have you meet her here so I am able to finally talk to you. I apologise if this all turns out all too surprising for you, but may you join me for some tea?"

"Mary, we are two of the same interests. But before anything I want to know if I can trust you," Terano said. As they both talked over tea. 

Mary kissed her teeth and glared at Terrano, "Done with beating behind the bush. Tell me what you want, spill."

"As you wish," she sighed, "I want your help to defeat Momobami Kirari. We are just the same, we don't concede defeat and we will continue with what we believe is right until we win."

"Tsk! I'm nothing like you. You want me to work with you? After you tried to poison Y/n?" Mary slammed her hand on the table, "You can rot alone! Let's go Ririka."

Mary stood up but Terano stopped her, "I knew this wouldn't be easy. Mary, you think you can defeat Kirari on your own? You've attempted it with Ririka, you failed. I'll assure you, I can avenge Mayumi for you."

"What?" An upset Mary awoke, "how do you know about Mayumi?"

"Lina," Terano said, as Lina walked forward, making Mary frown as she took a seat again, "Lina has come to me with great determination to bring down Kirari Momobami. Lina is the name I gave her to enter Hyakakou, but in truth Lina's true name is Ayumi; Ayumi Kaneko."

Mary's eyes were once again widened in disbelief as they switched to Lina, "K-kaneko? You mean–"

"Yes, Ayumi is related to Mayumi....she's Mayumi's younger sister, Mary," Terano said as Lina kept her head down, "we are working together in discreet ways to finally have Kirari pay for her sins. But we need a little bit more of strength, you see. You can be our strength. You're closer to our target."

"Mary, I know you might not do it for us, but please if you actually once cared about my sister," Lina's eyes got watery and her voice trembled a little, "please..at least do it for her. I know you were a close friend of hers. Back at Kyoto, I lived with my father and everyday Mayumi would send emails talking about you, that's how I know you two were close."

Mary hung her head and grip on her skirt. "So Mary-san, do we have your assistance?" Lina asked.

Ririka slowly shook her head at Mary, who seemed to have thousands of thoughts in her head. Mary looked back at Terano who awaited her final decision, "In one condition," Mary said.