𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿

(wait, y'all this have this in your library? :0 nuff kits for you. Thank you for the support in MBE everyone!)

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟭

𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿 

"Is it really necessary to have summoned us all here at this specific time?" The upset voice of Rei Bastubami echoed inside the empty walls of the room.

"I'd hate to agree, the girl's right," Terano's eyes shifted to the man sitting across them, "explain this gathering.... Rin Obami."

"Ririka..." a gentle voice was heard as Ririka's gaze fell upon the blonde female. Mary was witnessing the pain and grief reflected in her blue eyes. All she could do was give her a shoulder to cry on. But the white-haired girl could not shed another tear. She felt her heart sink.

"I knew his life was in danger... yet I did nothing in the absolute," Ririka clenched her fists while Mary did her best to comfort her. "And now... my sister, she's just there.... And she might never recover...I'm-"

"Ririka, take it easy. None of this is your fault," Mary looked at her with sympathy. It ached her to see Ririka, the person he cares for the most hurt. What words can she tell her to help her feel better? Nothing. No words are ever enough to cure such a big wound.

Mary didn't dare speak it but her mind was at peace knowing that she doesn't have to be worrying about Kirari's movements and plans. If she was to be honest, this was good news to her, but it hurt her that Ririka is affected. Though, some sadness is worth enduring. She knows that this is going to be cured with time as long as Kirari remains as no threat.

Y/n was asked to leave. There was nothing he could do unless he did a miracle to awake her from her own despair.

The door of the room closed behind him and she waited for a few minutes to make sure he had left. Kirari stood up from the sofa she was sitting on and walked to the door and locked it. Her breathing and her eyelids were heavy.

Who did this? Clearly she had a few ideas but none were a hundred percent certain for her. She can't work from here with no one to help her. She had lost the only person who'd do all the investigations...

Her eyes widened slightly at the realisation. She had completely lost someone she truly values. Her breathing started to pick up pace as she leaned against the wall.

She asked him. She begged him. She demanded. Kenzo refused to leave when he could have started his life anew. She knew exactly the danger his life was exposed to, yet she agreed to let him stay. This is all her fault. She is to blame for the life she supposedly cherished. Her loyal company was taken away from her in the most brutal way.

She stands alone. She feels alone. This is a new feeling and it wasn't a pleasurable one. All this time, if it wasn't Sayaka, it was Y/n and even through her troubles with Y/n, she was never alone, she was accompanied by Ichiro. And from all of those she always had Kenzo.

She placed her hands on the table at the corner of the room. Her breathing was not easing down at all. Her heart was beating at a fast rate. What's this feeling of desperation, and dizziness?

"Kenzo...I must ask you to do something."

Yes, she recalls it very clearly.

"You can ask anything from me," He replied with a smile.

His smile, she can picture it. She was supposed to protect that smile.

"I must ask you to resign."

"What?! Never! Why?"

"Hmmm? What's with the reaction? You said you'd do anything for me."

"Anything but that—! You are giving the enemy exactly what they want. They want to see you alone. I won't do that!"

Tears accumulated in her eyes as her mouth went dry.

"I refuse to leave you alone with all of this."

She clenched her fist as she held back the tears that were about to pour out of her eyes. "Refuse to leave me?" She whispered, "Idiot, you did..."

She took a deep breath as she forced her mind to recollect herself. She had to think, and had to act carefully now. She already had driven Kenzo to his death, someone she deeply cares for. With Y/n wandering out there without being in her sight was difficult. She had to keep this play at least until she had a plan. She knows for a fact Y/n will stick around, and she can't put another life she values in danger.

Is this how it feels to lose? Nothing to be amused about. She is alone...Is this the end for her-

She paused that thought and frowned slightly...

No, she still stands. If she still stands, she has not been defeated. She has not lost. The question was how to win from here? How to find out who did this. Her mind started working like a mechanical clock.

And suddenly it clicked, she knew perfectly who to use in this chest game.