𝗘𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲

I remember being just 10 years old when a family branch of the Momobami Clan took me in as a slave after my parents lost a gamble. It was around a time when the newborn head of the Momobami Clan was born.

I worked and was ordered around by any member of the clan. Late at night I had to pick food from the ground and trash bins to survive the day. I never knew what happened that day with my parents but I assume they had no other choice but to leave me there.

The Momobami estate was hell on earth for me and I wasn't allowed to complain. Two years later, the House Momobami simply took me as their personal worker. Kirari and Ririka-sama were just two years old when I first met them. I was the guy who cleaned tables and mop floors. I admire Kirari-sama's gambling skills ever since the day I saw her gamble with the other family branch members. She was the pride of the House Momobami.

As she grew, the Momobami Clan were more concerned about her complex nature. The small simple risks weren't enough to satisfy her, so she made a living hell for those who lost a gamble by putting them in large debts or their lives on the line. Things started to escalate ever since a family member lost their mind after losing big against Kirari-sama. She wasn't bothered by it, instead she grew even more curious. And the more she became, the more she wanted to experiment, and she didn't care if they were human beings she was playing around with.

A family branch gave their first attempt to assassinate Kirari-sama when she was just 12 years old. That night, I was guarding and I managed to catch the traitor. But there's something I still don't understand until now—

She ordered me to let him go. Even after she knew who the traitor was and that she had the power to do something, she didn't do anything. Kirari-sama, herself, is an interesting person to me.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟴:

𝗘𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲

"Well if you were to ask me, I'm not surprised. It's only natural for you to win," Kenzo complimented, bringing a smile to the pale girl's face. Six bold members of the clan had challenged Momobami Kirari to six different types of games with different risks. One bet 470 million yen, the other asked to risk their freedom, the other told her the loser would be banished.

Kirari figured they all indirectly asked for one thing...

her position.

She had won over one billion and seventy million yen in total for today. It was outstanding yet not surprising at all. For her, it wasn't a big thing. She knew she'd win, and even if her opponent is a challenge she wouldn't care about the outcome.

"Kirari-sama," He said, worriedly, "earlier in the morning, the grown-ups have gathered for a meeting without your permission or supervision."

"I'm aware," She said, standing up from and dusting off her white kimono.

"Uh—how come?" He stammered as Kirari approached him.

"That, a little bird told me," she smiled, taking out a letter from her kimono and handing it to him, "even before they arrange their meeting."

Kenzo slowly opened the envelope and took out the small card and read the words neatly handwritten:

'Saturday, 7 am. Watch your back, I don't want you dead'.