𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟳:

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

"We're offering a sum of 70 million yen, is it not enough?" Rei Batsubami asked as he stood at the gateway with three men holding suitcases in their hands. "Open the case," she ordered as the men opened them at the same time. She took out the cash and smelled it, "smells pretty real." She threw it to one of the guards who desperately caught the money.

"Y-you're saying 70 million each or—"

"Yes. 70 million each of you guarding this mansion," She gave a small smile, "all are asking if you all want to abandon this place, leave Japan with your families if you have any."

"Yuko-san, this is betrayal," Whispered one of the guards.

"But it's 70 million yen..." whispered the other.

"This is not betrayal. I am paying you to save your own skin.... Who would do that?" Rei huffed, "It's now or never. How many of you are there?"

"HUh?" Yuko, a guard who had guarded the gates of the Momobami Estate for nine years raised a brow.

"How many guards does Kirari have working for her?" She asked.

"Around... " Yuko paused and looked at the guards who frowned at him for his unacceptable behaviour. Yuko shoved the money on her and closed the gates. "We will never betray Kirari-sama for some filthy—" he looked at the case of money once again and proceeded, "some disgusting, filthy cash!! Now I advise you to leave before a bullet from my gun leaves."

Rei nodded and asked the men to get back on the vehicle, "Oh well. Then so be it."

Yuko watched as she got in the car and left. "You did the right thing, think about it. It's not as if we don't work for the richest member of the Momobami Clan. Not to mention our paychecks are more than enough."

"You don't understand... I have a family. I have a son that is in need of surgery. My income is not enough!!" Yuko exclaimed, "I should have taken the money!"

"Yuko— you are the only one who has worked for Kirari-sama for so long, is this your true loyalty?"

"I only have loyalty to my family," Yuko glared at the men and walked away.

"We must comment on this to Kenzo-san," a guard whispered to the other.

"You are crazy? He'll kill him. Have you forgotten? What Kenzo did to Minaju who was accused of defaming Kirari-sama?"

"You're right.... Minaju was Kirari-sama's most trusted advisor. Poor guy, he was innocent."

You walked, your head high with such confidence. You didn't bother to look at your surroundings but you knew how many eyes were staring at you. On your right hand you held her tightly. You glanced down to see her look at you and smile.

"I'll make sure everyone knows, everyone sees, that nothing can separate us, Kirari," You whispered, making her smile grow bigger.

Nothing, no one, not even the devil himself will ever use you as a pawn. Everyone looking at you right now had once looked down on you, laughed at you, called you names. Especially those two, those two that you can sense them staring at you. You looked at your right to meet eyes with Mary's furious look. Her face never tires of making those hideous expressions.

You simply continued your way, not letting go of Kirari's hand for a second. You walked to the cafeteria and ordered. The whispers, mumblings, giggles started reaching your ears.

Being the hot headed person you are, you glared at the group on your left. You felt a tug on your hand. It was Kirari wanting you to turn your attention to the menu.

"You can ask for whatever," you smiled softly, "I'm treating you." Before you could receive a reaction from her, the cafeteria went suddenly silent. You turned around, your eyes widening when you saw the tall female with cat-like eyes standing next to the person you despise the most; Nakajima Ichiro.

"Didn't you send that bastard home?" You gritted your teeth.

"It appears he's quite stubborn," Kirari replied as Ichiro approached the two of you.

"Kirari," Sachiko grinned as she leaned on Ichiro, "my boy here asked me to bring him, he knows well that he should not be here but he wishes to speak to you privately."

"Who does he think he is—" Kirari interrupted you, making you look at her confused.

"Don't heat your head any more," she said, getting a glimpse of your disappointed expression. "It'd be rude to leave my partner here to attend to you, Ichiro. I can certainly arrange a time and place if it's something so important that it can't wait until you are allowed to be back."

Sachiko pulled what was then noticed a chain, pulling Ichiro on her, "you heard that puppy?" Ichiro maintains his eyes looking downward, without saying a thing. Until now you realised he has a collar around his neck, and Sachiko held the chain, "hmmm, I asked if you heard that?"

Ichiro nodded but that clearly wasn't enough for Sachiko, "What was that?" She drugged her nails on his neck, scratching him to the point it seemed as he bled.

"Y-yes, mistress," He mumbled.

"Hmmm, I'll take that for now. You still have some training to do," She grinned and glanced over to you who looked confused.

She smiled and winked at you before she walked away, pulling Ichiro behind her. Everyone was shocked.

"What the actual fuck was that?" You exclaimed.

"Hello?"

"Is this...." he cleared his throat as he spoke through the phone, "is this Rei Batsubami?"