Eight

^ William Barlowe. 🥹
What I picture him looking like, again if you don't like use your beautiful imagination 🥰🥰🥰

Liam Driscoll

I didn't bother getting up to chase after Will. I wanted to, but it's better this way. I lay in the comfort of my bed with my arm covering my eyes.

What a perfect night.

Will was so sweet. He didn't make me feel bad for being the awkward man I am. I was so embarrassed with myself, but he made sure I didn't feel that way. Not many people would have the same reaction as he did. Maybe I fucked up kicking him out but I just have to think that it's better for him. He doesn't need some old guy to date him. People will think i'm his father. Now that would be embarassing. Now I know i'm not that old, but compared to his youthful features, it's bound to be mistaken. Hell, his parents are probably closer in age then I am to him.

Either way, last night was a night I don't think I'll ever forget. His beautiful moans, the way he screamed my name as I made him come... He even left a few scratches on my chest. Christ, it's making me hard just thinking about him.

"Why the fuck did you kick that guy out?!"

"Luke what the hell are you-"

"No, nope. I'm talking. You two hit it off so good last night. I saw you two on the dancefloor. I saw the way he was looking at you like he wanted to eat you up. You clearly did something to him, he was nearly crying out front of your house!" He said angrily.

"Crying?" I asked in disbelief. Was he really that hurt?

"Yes, crying. What the hell happened?"

"One. I don't even know the guy, and two... Well, it just wouldn't work with us."  I said nervously, avoiding my brothers eyes.

"How do you know if you don't even try? Come on man. It's been 8 years! You can't be alone for the rest of your life!"

I sat up in bed, hanging my legs off the edge and pulling the blanket over my legs.

"Dont you think I know that, Luke?! Do you think I like being alone? Do you think I like living in this house by myself, having no one to come home to? No one to share my life with? No! I hate it! I'm absolutely fucking miserable! Wanna know why it won't work with Will? He's my student. My student, Luke! I'll lose my job if anyone finds out!" I snapped.

"Of course I want to pursue something with him, but I can't. I fucking can't. He's so much younger than me, I'll just ruin his life and he doesn't deserve that. He deserves to live happily with someone who's his age."

There was silence for a few moments until I continued,

"Nothing to say now, right? This situation is so fucked up. And it's not fair. It's not fair Luke because just two days ago, I met him, and in two days of barely even having a conversation with the guy, I had sex. For the first time in 8 years."

"From the moment I saw him, I was gone. He's one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. I haven't even been this attracted to someone since Antonio and that's saying something."

"I'm sorry, but you gotta get your head out of your ass."

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"Do you think the guys going to be in college for the rest of his life? No. Who cares if you're his teacher. It's not exactly.... What's the word... Ethical? But he's of age. He can't be much younger than you."

"10 years."

"Okay, ten years. That's not that bad, you were what, 6 years younger than Antonio?"

"Yeah, so what ?" I retorted.

"So, it's not much of a difference, man. Don't stop yourself from the potential of experiencing love again. I've never seen you look at someone like the way you do at Will. Now, it might not go anywhere but you can try. Keep it secret until he graduates, if you get that far. No one needs to know. It can be your dirty little secret." He wiggled his brows.

"And say for some reason you do lose your job, which I don't think you will, but I know you still have a job with the archaeogist firm you used to work at and they'd take you back in a heartbeat. You know they loved you."

"I don't know if I could go back there, Luke."

"It's just an option. Think about it."

"Fine. Can you leave please? I'm hungover and I really need a shower."

"Good idea, you stink."

"Fuck off."

                                          ***

The next day, I was dreading waking up for work. After yesterday, I spent the entire day in bed thinking of Will. Thinking of what we could be, but I just... I don't know if I can do it.

Even though I could use another day to myself, it's not possible. I have a class to teach and people who pay a pretty penny for me to teach them.

I dressed in a black cotton turtle neck, dark grey dress pants and a charcoal grey over coat. Not the most convenient for being out and about in California, but the damn university loves to blast the AC.

I hopped into my car, taking the short drive to the univetsity, arriving early enough to give me plenty of time to walk to my building.

Thankfully the walk there isn't too hot this morning, there's a nice breeze today and it's absolutely refreshing.

***

Half an hour later, I arrive to class with ten minutes to spare. I really wish they had closer parking. Did I mention I hate cardio?

The students begin walking in, slowly filling the lecture hall. One by one, and I still don't see him.
Maybe he's not going to show up?

What if he drops the class so he doesn't need to see me? That'll be disappointing.

But at the very last minute, Will comes rushing in, and at first I think he's going to sit up front by me, but instead he chooses a seat at the very back corner and a frown resting on his soft lips. I bite my lip to hide my disappointment and turn towards my desk to busy myself.

I hurt him. Clearly. Now I don't know how to fix this mess. I don't do relationships and I hardly know how to speak to him. Everytime he's near, I find myself jumbling my words. He makes me nervous. So nervous it brings my stutter out. Growing up I had a speech impediment that I fortunately grew out of, but it only arises when I'm nervous.

So far, that's only happened with Antonio and now William. Not even in my lectures has my stutter come out. This is all too much emotion for me to handle at once. I run my hand over my face, take a deep breath and turn around.

"Good morning, everyone. Today we are going to continue with learning more on the history of Rome. I'm hoping after today's class, if you have not yet chosen a topic for the essay that is due on Friday, you will have it chosen by the end of the class. If you have any questions at any point, please speak up and I will gladly help you out. "

I switch the projector on and dim the lights.

***

"Thank you everyone for your participation today. I will see you all tomorrow."

Everyone begins to pick up their belongings, but the only person I see is him.

Don't do it.

Just let him go.

Let him walk out that door.

"Mr. Barlowe, may I speak with you for a moment?"

Fuck.