Thirty Seven

William Barlowe

It's safe to say that sleep last night didn't come easy for us. We both woke up countless times throughout the night. If it wasn't me, it was Liam. Somehow we both just knew the other was awake. He'd sit up with me and comfort me, reassure me everything would be alright, then I'd do the same for him. We both woke up with bags under our eyes, not that that'd matter with the bruises still coating our skin.

We're a mess.
We're tired.
...
We just want a break.

I think once this is all done, we deserve a nice vacation somewhere. Some place far, far away from here.

The day was spent on edge, trying to keep relaxed watching tv and trying to eat even though we both had no appetite whatsoever.

In less than thirty minutes we have to meet with Director Wilson to do the last run over of the plan as well as get us suited in gear to protect us.

I'd really like to think I've just imagined everything that's happened so far, but unfortunately that's not the reality in front of me.

We took advantage with the little time we had left to lay in bed together. I kept my arms wrapped around Liam's waist and my head on his chest. Both of Liam's arms were secured around me, as if he was holding on for dear life. We didn't talk about anything. There wasn't much to talk about really... We were both anxious with how this whole shit show was going to play out.

If something were to happen to me tonight, I can honestly say I'd die happy knowing I got to spend my last moments with the love of my life.

"Promise me something?" Liam's voice came out, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked up at him curiously. "Anything, Liam."

"If something happens to me, promise me you won't stay. You'll run. You'll get far away from this cluster fuck and be happy. I don't want you to waste your life like I did mine for so many years." He said with watery eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen to you." My heart clenched at the thought. I won't let anything happen to him. If there's a bullet flying towards us, you bet your ass I'd take it for him.

"William." He said, looking at me with a stern expression.

"Liam." I responded with a brow raised.

"Promise me." He said.

"Only if you promise me. As far as I'm concerned were both walking out of this unscathed and uninjured. We're prepared this time. There's going to be FBI practically surrounding us if anything does happen too." I said.

"Will. How can I promise that? I'm not just going to leave you there if something happens to you!" Liam expressed.

"And you think I'm going to leave you if something happens to you? Where's the logic in that you big idiot?" I glared.

"This relationship goes both ways. We protect eachother with everything we have. That's all there is to it. There's no abandoning the other, no running, no nothing. We stick together." I said.

"Fine." Liam responded.

I rolled my body over top of Liam, hugging him tightly. After a few moments I pulled away to look at his handsome, scruff covered face. I kissed a path along the dark stubble against his jaw, making my way to his lips.

We shared a kiss that felt like fireworks going off all around us. Butterflies swarming inside of my stomach, my heart always speeds up at the sight of him. A feeling I get every time we touch.