Chapter 26

June 2018

Willow and Sebastian had been together for a little over a year and she had yet to meet his mom. They had spent the first ten months of their relationship almost entirely in Atlanta, then they were busy with Willow moving back to New York, then Sebastian had press for Avengers: Infinity War, and then they had the premiere. So the past year had been incredibly busy for them so they hadn't found the time to go visit Sebastian's mom, Georgeta.

"There is no reason for you to be nervous love," Sebastian said as he walked hand in hand with Willow up to his mom's front door.

"Yes there is! I'm about to meet your mom! The woman that gave you life and raised you! I need to make sure she likes me!"

"Sweetheart take a breath," he said as he placed a kiss on her head. "She'll love you, trust me. I've told her so much about you and she is very excited to meet you." She took a few more deep breaths before Sebastian finally opened the door for them to walk in. "Mamă!" he shouted, looking for his mother.

"In the kitchen!" Sebastian pulled Willow towards the kitchen, still trying to calm her nerves. "Seba! It's so good to see you!" she hugged her son tightly. "Why haven't you come to see me?"

"I've been working pretty much nonstop for the past year and a half mamă. We've only now really had any free time." He released his mom and pulled Willow forward, "Mamă, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Willow."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Sebastian talks about you all the time," Willow smiled.

Georgeta brought Willow into a hug, "I'm so glad to finally meet you. I have been dying to meet the woman Sebastian speaks so highly of," she smiled. "Dinner is ready so why don't we go to the dining room so that we can talk some more," Georgeta said. They all made their way over to the dining area and began to eat together. "So Willow, Sebastian tells me that you are Robert's daughter."

"Yes that's true, I am his oldest child."

"Would you mind telling me more about yourself?"

"Well I am primarily a fashion photographer. Sometimes I will work on movie and TV sets to do still photography and create behind the scenes content. I was working in Paris for five years before moving back to America to work on the last two Avengers movies. That's actually how Sebastian and I met. And once we wrapped filming, I moved back to New York at the beginning of the year."

"Wow that sounds amazing. And how old are you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I'm 26."

"A ten year age gap?" Georgeta turned to Sebastian surprised.

"Yes mamă. I have already told you this. It is not something that is of concern to either of us. We have talked about it and makes no difference to us."

Georgeta seemed to be thinking about her answer, "Well as long as you are happy, that's all that matters," she smiled at the couple. "Willow what do you plan to do now that you are done with the Avengers movies?"

"Well I'm already back working for some fashion magazines here in New York. Then I'll be joining Sebastian for a month when he goes to film in Greece. When I get back, it'll be Fashion Week so I'll be busy during that time. My job is very flexible as I work mainly freelance."

"And what about when you guys can't travel together?"

"Well we've both been in the entertainment world for a long time now so we're both very used to being separated from our loved ones for long periods of time. Of course it'll be hard but we're both prepared for it when the time comes," Sebastian answered.

The night continued the same, Sebastian's mom asking a variety of questions about their relationship and what the future holds for them. It was finally time to leave, "Willow," Georgeta said as she held Willow's hands in her's, "It was wonderful to meet you. You clearly care about my son very much and I can tell you make each other happy. So all I ask is that you take care of my boy," she smiled.

"I promise. I love him very much," Willow brought her into a hug.

"And next time I will definitely be cooking some of Sebastian's favorite Romanian dishes for you to try," she smiled.

"Yes! I'd love that! I've never tried any Romanian food before."

Sebastian stepped forward and wrapped his arms around his mom and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Bye mamă. Te iubesc."

"Și eu te iubesc Seba. Bring her around more often. You have a good one here," Georgeta said placing a motherly kiss on her son's forehead.

"I will mamă," he smiled. "I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks for having us," he said as he let his mom go.

Willow and Sebastian were in the car on their way back to his apartment. "So what are you thinking?" he asked her.

"That was absolutely terrifying," she chuckled. "When she started asking me all those questions I was sure she was going to rip me to shreds. But I was glad that she asked all that, it really shows how much she cares about you. And even though it's kinda too late, I got your mother's blessing to date you so that was nice," she smiled.

"I get what you mean. She can be stern and a little scary at times but I can tell that she liked you," he smiled. "Thank you for tonight. It means a lot for me that you met her."

"I love you Seb so of course I want to meet all the important people in your life."

"You're the best. I love you."