Chapter 51

July 2022

Today was a big day. It was Aaliyah's first birthday. This was going to be a big deal. Since the Downey house was a lot more spacious than Willow and Sebastian's apartment, her parents insisted they throw the party there. Aaliyah's birthday was in the middle of July so it was a given that they would be having a pool party.

Robert being Robert made sure to go all out. He took charge, really wanting to give his first grandchild the best first birthday ever. He hired decorators, caterers, he bought a waterslide jumper, bought a ridiculous amount of pool toys and floaties, and got a giant cake made. Even the guest list was pretty extravagant. The cast of Infinity War and Endgame, the Captain America movies, and some of Sebastian's more recent work were all invited; along with their partners and kids. And of course their close friends and family.

When Willow and Sebastian arrived with Aaliyah and Bucky, they were blown away.

"There's my little birthday girl!" Robert shouted as he walked towards the little family. He took her into his arms and peppered her faces with kisses making her giggle. "Happy birthday my dear Lia!"

"Oh my god Robert this incredible!" Sebastian exclaimed.

"Wow dad I can't believe you did all this. But it's too much, I'm sure you spent a fortune,"  Willow said shyly.

"Nonsense! This is my granddaughter we're talking about. There's nothing I wouldn't spend on her or you guys," Robert said hugging them.

"Well thanks dad. We really appreciate it," she smiled.

Soon enough, their guests started arriving. Everyone being as blown away by the party that Robert and Susan put together as Willow and Sebastian had been. A lot of their friends had yet to meet Aaliyah so they were all excited to finally meet the little girl.

"Where's my goddaughter?!" Anthony shouted as soon as he walked in with his arms full of gifts.

"Hello to you too," Willow chuckled. "She's with Seb's mom so good luck getting her away," she said as she hugged him.

"Hi Will," he smiled. "And I'll get her, just watch," Anthony smirked before heading towards Georgeta. After some sweet talking, Anthony got exactly what he wanted and was seen walking around holding a smiling Aaliyah.

The party was a blast for everyone. Some people were in the pool, some on the water slide, some eating and drinking, and some just mingling.

"Oh my gosh isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen!" Scarlett shouted. Aaliyah was now in the pool with Robert and he had placed her in a little flamingo floatie. So there she was in her little swimsuit, sunglasses, sitting in a little pink flamingo floatie. "Seb! Will! Come look at your daughter!"

Sebastian and Willow came running over and they immediately pulled out his phone. "Oh my god! And here's me thinking you couldn't get any cuter!" Sebastian must of taken a dozen photos of her. This is how most of the party went, someone was always taking a picture of Aaliyah, even if she was just sitting there doing nothing.

After getting out of the pool, Aaliyah was looking visibly tired so they decided to cut the cake. They all gathered around and began singing Happy Birthday. Aaliyah looked around confused at everyone singing to her but eventually a smile formed on her face as she saw the group of familiar faces surrounding her. Endless photos and videos were taken of the beautiful little family as they blew out the candle together.

As the cake was getting passed out, Willow got everyone's attention. "Hello everybody! We just wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for joining us today. This has been the greatest year of our lives and we are so glad that so many of you were able to take part in it with us. A special thanks to our parents for putting together this extraordinary party for Aaliyah. She truly has the best grandparents anyone could ever want. Lastly thank you Sebastian for loving our family. You are the best father to Aaliyah and Bucky. I love you so much and thank you for giving me the best gift in the world." Sebastian leaned down to kiss her as everyone cheered. "Thank you all again for coming! We love you all."

The party didn't continue for much longer after Aaliyah fell asleep. But Robert did invite a few people to stay over at his house. It was only Georgeta, who went to bed fairly early, Tyler and Sam, and those in their group chat. Most of them stayed up talking and watching Willow and Sebastian opening up the gifts Aaliyah received. She got hundreds of gifts, so they only left a few for them to open with her since they knew she'd just get bored after a few. The party was a success and they were so happy that all their loved ones showed up to celebrate their daughter.

***

Sebastian Stan posted a photo

imsebastianstan my little angel is one year old! I love you so much Aaliyah!tagged: @willowdowney

tagged: @willowdowney

anthonymackie my goddaughter is so freaking cute!
username nothing makes me happier than finding out that Anthony is Aaliyah's godfather

blakelively happy birthday to this beautiful girl!

username this is the cutest picture I've ever been blessed to see

***

Willow Downey posted a photo

willowdowney happy birthday sweet girl! I love you so much Aaliyah!tagged: @imsebastianstan

tagged: @imsebastianstan

scarlettjohansson I love my goddaughter!
username Scarlett and Anthony being Aaliyah's godparents gives me life

zendaya who knew one of the best party's I could ever go to would be a kids party lol. happy birthday princess!

username I can only imagine how over the top this party was. I mean it was for RDJ's granddaughter