Chapter 46

March 2022

It was nearing Willow and Sebastian's five year anniversary. They couldn't believe how much time had passed already. It had been the best five years of their lives and they were both incredibly happy to have each other. They had started off as strangers, turned into friends, then friends with benefits, then boyfriend and girlfriend, they moved in together, and now they had Aaliyah. They had everything they could've wanted.

Sebastian always made sure to make Willow feel special but always went the extra mile on special occasions like anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day, and of course now Mother's Day. But this year he was determined to make their anniversary the most special one yet.

Willow and Aaliyah had planned to spend the day with Scarlett and Rose, leaving Sebastian alone with Bucky. This was the perfect opportunity for Sebastian to go forth with his plan. A three hour drive later and he stood in front of the Downey's door with Bucky on his leash sitting next to him. When he heard the door start to open, his nerves finally set in.

"Sebastian! What a surprise!" Susan pulled him into a hug and gave him a motherly kiss on the cheek before letting him into the house. "Not that it's not great to see you, but what are you doing here? Where are Willow and Aaliyah?"

"Um I came here alone, well with Bucky, Willow doesn't even know I'm here," Sebastian said shyly.

"Oh okay? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah I just uh wanted to talk to you and Robert about something. Is he here?"

Susan had a knowing look on her face as she led him to the living room where Robert sat with a book in hand. "Who was at the door?" Robert asked before turning his attention to where his wife walked in from. "Oh Sebastian! What are you doing here? And alone for that matter."

"Sebastian has something to talk to us about," Susan smiled at Robert, trying to hint at what was to come.

"Oh okay well have a seat," Robert gestured to the couch across from him. He let everyone get comfortable before speaking up again. "So what did you want to talk to us about?"

Sebastian took a deep breath before he began talking, "I came here today because I have something big to ask you. First, I want to start off by telling you how much I have loved getting even closer to you both the past five years, and how much I appreciate being welcomed into your family. You are wonderful parents, and I know that Willow is the incredible woman and mother she is today because of you both. Your daughter and granddaughter mean the world to me and I would do absolutely anything to make them happy. I hope to spend the rest of my life proving to Willow that she is the love of my life." Robert and Susan had started tearing up from the beginning, both of them having a sense of what Sebastian was about to ask them. When he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box, the tears from both of their eyes finally fell. Sebastian opened it and smiled at what was inside before he placed it on the table in front of them. "I want to ask your daughter to marry me and I would be honored to have your blessing to do so."

Robert and Susan immediately stood up and pulled Sebastian into a hug. "Sebastian we couldn't have asked for anyone better to marry our daughter. You two are perfect for each other and we look forward to seeing where life takes you. We love you both and you are already like a son to us," Susan smiled at him.

"I never thought anyone would be good enough for her but then I finally saw how much you both loved each other and was convinced you were the one for her. Sebastian, you've had my blessing since the beginning. I've never seen her as happy as she is with you, Aaliyah, and Bucky. You guys are her world," Robert said through tears. "Just promise me you'll take care of my baby."

"I promise," Sebastian hugged them one last time.

"Good job on the ring by the way. That is one beautiful rock," Robert said as he held up the small box.

"Only the best for my girl," Sebastian smiled.

"Do you know when you're gonna do it?"

"Yeah. I have a whole plan for our anniversary." Sebastian went on to explain what the plan for the day was.

"Would you like to stay for lunch?" Robert asked.

"Thank you but I should really start heading back now. It's a long drive and I want to beat Willow home. She's been with Scarlett all day and they'll probably be finishing up soon."

"Okay well please call us if you need our help with anything," Susan smiled. They all said their goodbyes and Sebastian and Bucky were now on their way back to Manhattan.

"Can you believe it Buck?" Sebastian smiled at the small dog sitting in the passenger seat. "I'm gonna ask your mommy to marry me! I really hope she says yes because I love her so much."

As soon as Sebastian walked into their home, he heard his phone ding.

***

iMessage

Willow 🤍
look at this cute picture Scar took of us today!

Sebs 🖤look at my beautiful girls!this is for sure going to be my new wallpaper!

Sebs 🖤
look at my beautiful girls!
this is for sure going to be my new wallpaper!

Willow 🤍
we love you!
we're on our way home so we should be there in like 30 mins

Sebs 🖤
I love you too
okay I'll see you soon!

***

Lucky for him, she didn't suspect a thing when he gave her a lie about what he spent his day doing. He only hoped he could keep his nerves at bay until it was time for him to propose.