Chapter 77

September 2025

Willow's favorite thing about her job was New York Fashion Week. It was a huge event and it was always her busiest time of the year. She was lucky enough to be asked by many designers to photograph some promotional content or the shows themselves. She was also invited to just attend quite a few shows and while she loved to work them, being able to enjoy them as a guest was incredible. She had a few designers already contacting her to work for them and she was really looking forward to it.

It was about a month before Fashion Week and she was already incredibly busy working on photoshoots. She was working in the office when she received a phone call.

***

Phone Call
Incoming Call from Unknown Number
Accept or Decline

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Willow Stan?"

"This is she. Who's calling?"

"Hi Willow, this is Kim from Dior. How are you?"

"Hi Kim. I'm doing well thank you. How can I help you?"

"Well I know we usually contact you to photograph for us, especially during Fashion Week."

"Yeah I was hoping you'd call. I love working with you guys."

"We love working with you too but unfortunately we won't be needing you to photograph for us."

"Oh um then why are you calling?"

"Well we of course wanted you to attend our show as a guest. But we were also hoping that you'd come in and model for us."

"You want me to model? You do know I'm not a professional model right? I've never modeled before."

"We know you aren't a professional but we also have seen your Instagram along with your husband's and you are a natural. You are exactly what we are looking for and we already love working with you so you are the perfect choice."

"Oh wow are you sure?"

"Yes absolutely. And we know you are probably already busy so we are more than willing to work around your schedule."

"Well thank you so much! It's an absolute honor to model for you!"

"We will keep in touch to work out the details. Thank you for your time. Bye Willow."

"Bye! And again, thank you so much!"

***

As soon as the call ended all she wanted to do was tell her husband the good news. "Sebastian!" she screamed as she ran down the stairs to find him in the kitchen making lunch. "Sebastian!"

"What's going on?" he asked trying to match her excitement.

"You will never guess who just called me!" he nodded at her to continue. "I just got a call from Dior."

"That's great! I know how much you love shooting for them."

"Well that's the thing, they didn't call me to shoot for them." He looked at her confused, that was usually why they called. "They want me to model for them!"

"Oh my gosh Will are you serious! That's incredible!" he brought her into a hug and continued to congratulate her. "You're going to be incredible!"

"I'm a little nervous though. I've never modeled before."