Chapter 52

August 2022

For Sebastian's fortieth birthday, all he wanted to do was have his mom cook for him. That was his one request. Willow loved Georgeta's cooking, especially when she made Romanian dishes, so she was happy with Sebastian's request. They were going to celebrate at their house with Georgeta of course and Robert, Susan, Indio, Exton, and Avri. Sebastian really wanted something intimate. It had been so long since they were able to just spend time with their families without anyone else around.

The Downey's had been there for a few hours, helping to decorate the house a little bit. Willow and Susan also worked on baking a cake for Sebastian, per his request.

When Sebastian heard the door bell ring he ran to the door to answer it. "Mamă!" Sebastian shouted as he opened the door, revealing his mother.

"Happy Birthday Seba!" Georgeta said as she brought her son into a hug and gave him a motherly kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you mamă! I've missed you!" He finally noticed all the bags that she had set down behind her. "Mamă you do know it's just us and Willow's family right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well it looks like you made enough food for the whole building."

"Seba you shouldn't even act surprised," she smiled.

"I guess you're right," he chuckled. "C'mon Willow's family is already here." Sebastian helped her with the bags and led her to the kitchen where Willow and Susan were finishing up the cake they had baked for him. They all turned when they heard them walk in.

"Mamă! It's so good to have you here!" Willow said as she went to hug her.

"Thank you for inviting me!" She said before greeted the rest of the Downey's. "Now where can I put all this?" she gestured to the bags of food she was carrying.

"Ooh let me help you with that," Susan said as she went to grab some of the bags. They all unpacked the food and Sebastian was drooling at the sight of all his favorite foods. There was a mix of Romanian food and some of Sebastian's other favorite foods. The Downey's hadn't ever really tried Romanian food so they were all very excited.

As they were setting the table, they heard Aaliyah wake up so Willow went to get her so that the family could finally see her. When she came out holding the now one year old, all their eyes were beaming as huge smiles framed their faces. "I call holding her first!" Indio shouted as he raced over to where Willow and Aaliyah were. "Hi Lia," he cooed. Aaliyah immediately reached out to her uncle and giggled as he held her in his arms.

They eventually all made their way to table to start eating, Aaliyah happily sat in her high chair in between her parents. The table was filled with delicious looking food and Sebastian was so happy. "Mamă this is amazing! Thank you so much!"

"Anything for my Seba."

"Oh wow this is delicious! You're going to have to teach me how to make this!" Susan said before taking another bite.

"Oh I'd love to! I'll make sure to write down a few of my recipes for you!" Georgeta smiled proudly at all the compliments she was getting. They all greatly enjoyed the food, almost finishing everything that was on the table.

They were all so full, so they decided to watch a movie before cutting the cake that Willow and Susan had made. They all sat around the couches in the living room, except for Aaliyah, Exton, and Avri who were all sat together on the floor.

They were all so focused on the movie until Avri shouted "Guys look!" Everyone looked to where Avri was pointing, gasps filling the room when they all saw that Aaliyah was walking. She had walked a few times with the help of her parents but this was the first time she was doing it all by herself. Everyone pulled their phones out quickly, getting to capture a few of her steps on video. They were all cheering for the little girl before she fell down on her bottom.

Her lip started trembling and tears started forming in her eyes before Sebastian quickly walked towards her and picked her up. Once she was in her father's arms, the tears went away. "I am so proud of you my angel!" he kissed her cheek causing her to let out a cute little giggle. "You have made this the best birthday ever!"

Willow went to wrap the two in a hug, "That was amazing Lia! My baby is growing up!" she said through tears. Aaliyah was loving all the attention she was getting, smiling as everyone went to give her a congratulatory kiss.

Once everyone finished fawning over the little girl, it was time to sing and cut the cake. Sebastian held Aaliyah in his arms as everyone sang to him. The pair of them were beaming, Sebastian because he was surrounded by his family and Aaliyah because she assumed everyone was singing to her. Once they finished, he had Aaliyah help him blow out the candles and her little giggles made his smile grow even bigger. His birthday was incredibly simple but he couldn't have asked for a better day.

***

Willow Downey posted a photo

willowdowney forty years of Seb blessing this earth with his gorgeous facetagged: @imsebastianstan

tagged: @imsebastianstan

tomholland2013 happy birthday Seb!!

username I live for seeing Willow thirst over Sebastian

chrisevans happy birthday pal!!

tylerjones sir it is unfair for you to look like this
imsebastianstan I don't do it on purpose!
tylerjones mhm sure