Chapter Fifty

Phoenix POV

One of the robot's mechanical arms grabbed me and pulled it close to its metal face. The huge red eye blinked. The Evil Angel walked down the mechanical arm towards me.

"Did you miss me?" she said with a grin.

"We thought you were dead," I said, trying to break free.

"Dead? You certainly did jump to conclusions. I was only...partially gone. Let's put it that way. My robots did an excellent job taking care of you though. Say hello to the Seamstress." The Seamstress, whom I had forgotten, slithered down the arm of the robot and leaped down into the crowd. "The Cat Beast." A new robot that I immediately remembered from the blue prints. The Cat Beast was a junk part machine beast that I'm pretty sure was supposed to be a cat without a tail. It has a feline skull, two eyes—one a red  bulb, the other  a flashlight–and its body is half bone and metallic with joints attached to it and to its hands and feet. There were limb bones on each arm and leg of this beast. It has a metal skeleton, different types of knives, screws, and other sharp objects for the spine. One of the machine's feet is a fork.

 One of the machine's feet is a fork

(Cat Beast)

(Winged Beast)

(Winged Beast)

"And lastly, the Winged Beast."

Another robot appeared. This time it was flying! It strongly resembles a pterodactyl. It has four beady red eyes encircling a "mouth" made of scalpels, knives, and other sharp metal objects. Its bat-like wings are made from a flag, and sport claws in their middles, allowing the Beast to walk on all fours. It also features a short tail tipped with a detachable harpoon; a long cord connects the spear to its body. Additionally, this Beast had a fan attached to its underside and a human rib-cage incorporated into its body.

"You were really running low on supplies when you were building these," I said.

Nereid, who was sitting behind the Evil Angel, quietly laughed. The Evil Angel scoffed and threw her down to the ground with a robot arm.

"You look much different than the time I last saw you," The Evil Angel said, leaning in close.

"I'm a different person," I said, narrowing my eyes.