Chapter 3

"Hi Samantha.", I managed to choke out "nicely".

"Hey look I wanna talk to you." I was a little surprised by her answer.

"Um, sure..", we both sat down under an umbrella-table outside. My friends were calling me to sit with them and by the look on their faces, they looked just as confused as I did.

"So.. what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?", I tried to rush her so we can get this over with.

"Im..", she stopped and took a deep breath. "Im sorry that I ditched you when we were younger for the 'popular' crowd. I truely am sorry. I know I can't make up for all those years but, please forgive me?"

I was shocked. She APOLIGIZED? Should I even forgive after all she's done to me. Max's words flowed through my ears. "Well maybe you should try to be friends with her.", his words repeated like a record.

"You do know that what you did hurt me, right?", I crossed my arms and gave her a mean looking stare. Her eyes filled themselves with guilt.

"I know, I know..", she bowed her head and started playing with a charm bracelet on her wrist.

"But..", I started. She looked up and her eyes started to brighten with hope.

"I forgive you. Not COMPLETELY, but I forgive you."

Samantha smiled widely. "Thank you Brynn. Now, what I really came to talk about was about Maxwell."

"It's Max.", I corrected her. Now things are just getting weird.

"Well, it's just that...", she paused for a moment. I did NOT like where this was going. "I like Max...", her face began to blush a little, which wasn't noticable because of her makeup. I had to tell her Max likes her too. What if I rush things? I decided not to tell her.

"Oh that's nice. Maybe you should tell him how you feel. It could help you guys start a relationship. Well, my friends are waiting for me and yours probably are too. Well, it was nice to have talked to you since a pretty long time. Maybe we can talk again some other time. Well, bye!", I quickly grabbed my book bag and walked over to my friends table. They started asking me all these random questions about why Samantha was talking to me and what she said before I could even sit down. I sat next to Danny, one of my super close friends that i've known since I entered school. My other friends kept asking me what was up with Samantha. I told them not to worry about it.

***

"Hey, do you hear that?", Danny pointed at a crowd of people. We heard a beautiful guitar playing the song "Down" by Jay Sean. Danny and I, amused, walked over to the crowd of people. The music really touched my and gave me butterflies. "Who's playing?", I asked Danny, not thinking she'd know either. As I took a peek between the crowd, I saw a boy with brown luscious hair and tan skin. His fingers danced on the classical guitar and he seemed to enjoy it. As he got to the Lil' Wayne part, one of the guys in the crowd started to rap the lyrics and another break danced. "Woah! This is a free concert alright!", Danny cheered and everyone else did too. I was amazed by the way he played it. You can say that he just turned my whole day upside down.