Chapter 43

"Mom?"

The room filled itself with pure silence. Not a single peep came out of her. That's when she finally got up from her rocking chair.

"Well, you must be extremely exhausted! You should take a rest. Tomorrow, you're going to start looking for a job.", she brushed her hands off her skirt and walked to the door. "Goodnight!", she shut the door.

Mom was right, I was exhausted from a long, tiring day. I plopped myself down on my bed and just stared into space. I looked to my right to see a clear vase with some dirty water like if it hasn't been changed for years. Placed inside was a pure red rose that just caught my eyes. It was the most beautiful rose I have ever seen. That's when it hit me. SIMON.

I quickly jumped out of bed and stomped to mom's room. Everything was coming in so clearly now. As I swiftly opened the door, I saw my mother lying in bed, reading a book.

"YOU!", I yelled at her. She swiftly glanced up with a shocked expression.

"What's the matter honey?", she calmly closed her book and got out of bed. She reached her arms out to hug me. I flinched away.

"You're the one who sent me to California because of my 'problems' not because of 'new opportunities'?! You told Marisa to take me to some kind of mental hospital and out of nowhere I couldn't remember shit! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? YOU TOOK YOUR OWN DAUGHTER AWAY FOR NO APPARENT REASON! Y-YOU'RE INSANE!", my voice got louder with every word. I felt my face grow hot with fury.

Mom sat back down on the bed. Her face grew completely pale and I could hear her heart pound with every second. She opened her mouth but no words came out. I stood up straight and crossed my arms. We both had a little staring contest until I decided to just plainly walk away. I got my bags and the rose, then stomped my way through the doorway, slamming the door behind me.

I decided to try to look for Simon. I knocked next door, doubting he'll still be living here. To my concern, he was. A tall young lad with dazzling green eyes and luscious brown hair opened the door. I hardly recognized him by his new appearance, but by his smile, I knew it was none other than Simon Perez.

I squealed and jumped on top of him. Still carrying me, Simon spun me around as our arms were wrapped around each other. When he finished spinning me around, I was somehow being carried bridal style. He sat down at the stairs, still carrying me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and our lips touched. Sparks flew around my stomach. I felt his fingers crawl up to my neck and play with my hair.

It's been a while since I've felt his magic touch. He stood up, still carrying me and took me somewhere. I looked up to see his eyes sparkle and his smirk glisten. He placed me down on a comfy bed and pecked my lips many times. Everything was normal until I hear a familiar voice enter the room.

"NO! STOP!"

It was my mother.