Chapter 18

I feel a smooch being planted on my left cheek. When I woke up, I saw Simon looking over me from above.

"Good morning sleepy head.", he teased. I waved at him and did my morning duties. I grabbed my bikini and dress and put them on. I let my hair loose and kept a scrunchie just in case it gets hot.

When I walked out, I smelt bbq. My mouth watered and my stomach growled. The smell led me to the balcony where I saw dad making breakfast. He made some toast, bacon, pancakes, and sausages. I grabbed a plate.

"First come, first serve!", my stomach growled for that buffet.

Dad laughed. "Alright, alright. Go tell the others to come before you eat or else, no food for you!".

I gave him a friendly shove and knocked next door. "Breakfast is ready!"

***

Our bellies were filled to the max! Simon and I laid down on the couch like lazy birds.

"I can't eat another bite!", I whined.

"Me neither.", he moaned.

"That was a delicious breakfast, dad!", I yelled out to him.

As our food digested, we decided to plan where we were going to go.

We finally decided. To the beach!

***

Simon and I walked to the board walk. It was beautiful! There was an entire view of the ocean sea. The boardwalk's street was made out of solid red and white bricks with lots of small details. On the left side of the boardwalk were many restaurants and stores. I saw many people riding bikes, roller skating, and kids riding lay back bikes. I've never seen anything like it!

Mr. and Mrs.Perez and my parents let us hang out alone.

"Be back by sun down!", mom warned me. We nodded and walked off to the beach.