Chapter 9

"Look guys she's not looking for any trouble. We're just gonna leave and pretend nothing ever happened, okay?", Simon tried to get me away from the fight. Coincidentally, the police came by and beeped his horn at the gang. Rapidly, the gang scurried off. The leaders last words were,"This isn't over!".

Simon and I went to the top of a mountain hill. The sun was about to set soon. We laid on the grass and decided to point up at clouds. My head laid on his shoulder like a pillow. Some clouds looked like hamburgers and hotdogs. Mmm...

"Im getting hungry...", my stomach growled.

"Me too. Can you hear my stomach growling?", Simon made some fake growl sounds. "I think K have a lion trapped in here!"

We laughed for a while. I turned my head to look up at him. His face was just so gorgeous! Even though we're just in eight grade, I felt something inside me that I knew he was the one. I just didn't know it yet. He turned his face towards me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and leaned on his chest.

After a while of laughing at funny looking clouds, we decided to get a quick bite to eat. We passed by McDonalds and got some food. When we finished, we walked back home, our hands locked.

"I had a lot of fun today with you, Brynn.", Simon gave me a smirk, revealing his dimple.

"I did too.", I gave a smile back.

As we crossed the road, I tripped. "Brynn, are you okay?", he yelled out. My ead got really dizzy as I tried to get up. "BRYNN LOOK OUT!", I heard a faint scream and a sharp pain in my leg. I heard a loud thump and I passed out.