Chapter 7

Oh my gosh! Was he serious? My small gasp turned into a wide smile. "Yes!", I jumped with excitement. I gave Simon a big bear hug and he spins me around in circles. We laughed a whole bunch. When he finally put me down, I noticed we were finally home. "Wanna hang out in my place for a while?", he asked me. I nodded and smiled. He unlocked his door and led me inside. His house was very neatly organized. There was a giant chandelier at the center of the living room and under the dining table. The house looked much more bigger inside than it looks outside. He took me upstairs to his room. It was neater than I expected! I found a few instruments in his room. I found a piano, a harmonica, a clarinet, and placed on a display case, was the guitar. I sat on the chair next to the piano and started to play the song Simon played on his guitar the other day. I looked up at Simon and saw him smiling. He grabbed the guitar from the display case and sat on his bed. "That's good, but we can so better.", he tuned up his guitar and strummed some strings. He kept playing the beginning until I started. The guitar and piano sounded beautiful. Simon decided to let go of the guitar and sat with me on the piano. We played different melodies from different songs.

As we played the song "Beauty and the Beat" by Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj, our hands accidentally touch. I look up to see Simon's eyes glisten. Butterflies in my stomach once again danced. Simon leaned in. My face began to get hotter and hotter as his face approached mine. I felt the warmth of his face close. Then, the door swung open.