Chapter 13

"Oh my!", he said excitedly. I didn't actually think someone would be so happy of hearing the piano before.

"That was BEAUTIFUL! You are talented! A prodigy!"

"Umm, thanks. Were you there the whole time...?"

"Well, only for the last song. You and my student Simon Perez are musical prodigies!"

Simon, if only he was here for us to just be alone and play some melodies together.

"Im so sorry of I startled you with my absolute french accent and my excitement!", he cleared his throat once again. "I am Mr.Mars, the music teacher. I heard that you are Brynn, correct? Well, I spoke with your lovely teacher and she said you may stay here until class is over."

I was still a little weirded out by Mr.Mars, and the fact that his class is no where to be found. I looked around the classroom and I guess he caught my eye.

"You're probably wondering where my class has gone without me. I always give my third and second period a breakfast break for ten minutes.", Mr.Mars looks at the clock. "They should be coming by now."

Right on time, I see a group of kids walk in laughing and getting to their seats. I see Simon and a few friends walk in talking. When everyone settled down, they all stared at me; then at Mr.Mars.

I stared at them and saw Simon smile at me and friends giving him little shoves. I gave an awkward smile to the class and looked at Mr.Mars. He gave me a wink and glanced at the piano, expecting me to play it. I followed his orders and decided to play a song that most people knew. I played "As Long as You Love Me" by Justin Bieber. Almost everyone sang along to the rhythm, once they knew what the song was.

He sound of applause rang in my ears. I kept hearing Simon's name in whispers of the students. They all looked a lot older than eighth graders, except for Simon. He must be the youngest one in the class.

Mr.Mars nodded at me and called up Simon. As he stood up, everyone "oooh"ed. Simon sat next to me and played a few keys like he always does. The class "awww"ed. I laughed inside.

"Let's give it up for Simon and Brynn!", Mr.Mars just made me presence become some kind of concert; but I really didn't mind.

Simon and I played a few songs. Our hands kept accidentally touching, and I liked it. One touch meant a thousand butterflies!

When we finished, applause once again filled the room. I felt amazing! I never actually played in front of a crowd, except for my family, Max, and Simon but that was pretty much it.

We once again had that awkward moment. We both looked up and our eyes met. We got closer and closer, feeling the heat of each others faces. Ugh, I couldn't take it anymore!

I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. I heard a faint "Awww!" in the background. I didn't feel anything but our lips pressed together, feeling the warmth. We finally let go at the same time and smiled. The class applauded one more time and Simon went back to his seat.

I blushed the whole class time. I did it, I got my first kiss and it was just perfect...