Chapter 15

When Max and I were young, Samantha was living a horror. Her parents did drugs, drank, and smoked weed. They were always throwing stuff to the ground and abusing their daughter. Samantha's birth was a surprise; so she was an only child.

She would never do her homework and always followed her parents footsteps. The teacher decided to do something about it. She went to Samantha's house which was in a very deserted neighborhood. Their was beer and wine bottles everywhere, trash bags just a few feet away from the house, and dead pigs everywhere. They practically lived in a junk yard. The door to the disorganized house was wide open.

The teacher walked in and saw something she wish she didn't see. She walked down the hall ways and heard a familiar scream. It was Samantha's. "STAY STILL YOU BRAT!", a brutal mans voice came from a room. The teacher walked inside and saw the worst thing that can happen to a six year old child.

Samantha was being raped by her own father.

The teacher quickly called 9-1-1 and the police came rather fast. They arrested Samantha's father and searched the house for her mother. "My mommy's sleeping under the sofa.", she said. It sounds funny now but when the police searched under the sofa, they saw a woman being squished by the sofa; dead.

The police took Samantha to some place where they brainwashed her to forget everything from her child hood.

Now, she lives with some other family who's... Eh, not THAT crazy.

***

The next day, I didn't go to school.

My leg was filled with pain and I had to go back to the hospital to check it out.

My leg was perfectly fine. The doctors gave me some medicine for my leg.

***

When I got back home, I decided to play some piano. Piano is my passion and I ever since I met Simon I just liked letting my feelings out through music. I remembered yesterday in music class when Simon and I kissed. I wanted to feel that again, romance had filled the air.

I heard a knock on the door, it was Simon.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"You look beautiful when you're playing piano."

I blushed. "Thanks", I chuckled.

Simon sat on my bed. "Play a little song for me, love."

I giggled and played some songs. I even sang a bit. I don't think I've ever sang in front of someone since fourth grade in a talent show. Music was always my passion, but when I messed up in a talent show, everyone laughed and I just went outside and cried. From there, I really didn't do anything anymore. I didn't play piano, I didn't sing, the only thing I would do is dance which I became better at over time.

"Wow...", Simon's mouth dropped open. My face felt hot. "You sing beautifully."

"Your just saying that because you like me.", I sadly admitted.

"No, he's right.", I heard a familiar voice enter the room. I turned around to see mom was there too.

"Honey! I haven't heard you sing since forever!", she exclaimed.

***

When mom left, Simon and I decided to do homework together. When we were done, I wrote on his cast. I wrote: "Brynn owns! Love you! ;)"

We decided to watch some TV and I fell asleep on his shoulder. I had another dream, and it sort of scared me.

~Dream~

"Brynn!", I heard Max's voice from a distance. I saw a black figure come running towards me. As it came closer, its face became clearer. It was Max.

He was panting really hard. "Brynn... you were right. I should've listened to you. Help me! Run!"

I had no idea what he was talking about when he said "Help me!" and "Run!", but I did know that Samantha was running towards us with a weapon. I couldn't see it very well but I knew it was a weapon.

My whole body shook. Not in the dream, but outside of it.