Chapter 47

"NO!", I screeched. Faster than light, a dark shadow broke down the wooden entrance and tackled Samantha. I saw her small hands let go of the remote and some blood scroll down her forehead. I couldn't recognize the shadow who had saved Simon, or who I thought it was. Samantha accidentally pushes the chair back, revealing a wax figure. That liar! I tried to escape, but I was freezing to death and was locked down on the table. I see Samantha pull out a free arm and brought out a needle. She injected it to the shadow's neck and pushed it away.

"Who was that?", I stupidely asked. She gave me the greedy eye and glanced away. She got a lighter and threw it to an oil tank. "Say Good-Bye to life, Brynn. I'm DONE dealing with you.", Samantha limped away out the door. I heard a car engine turn on and out she went. A fire from the lighter and oil turned to a huge explosion and spread across the whole room. Even though I was freezing, I really didn't think this would help at all. I was doomed.

The room filled itself with black smoke. I tried to hold my breath as hard as I could, but it only made it worse. I began to feel woozy and saw the shadowy figure get up and come towards me. Everything from there was just a big blur. All I remember from there are blurry faces, seing some light, and hearing a giant explosion from a distance.

*

"Brynn is in a terrible case scenario right now. She had hypothermia due to the handcuffs and cold metal table. Not only that, but her lungs got infected due to the fire created in the location she was in. She'll have to sray here at the hospital for a couple of weeks until she is fully recovered.", I heard the doctor explain. A gas mask was placed on my face as I inhaled purified oxygen. For nearly the millionth time, I was placed back at the hospital. 

No one came to visit me. No one except the doctor and a few nurses. It wasn't that no one was allowed to see me, it was because they believed I had some sort of bad luck. At this rate, I was starting to believe it too. Why is this happening to ME?

Finally, Simon visited me at the hospital. I gave him a glum stare as he tried to smile at me. I knew, just knew, that he felt bad for me. Simon was neatly dressed in a silky black tuxedo and slick haircut. He held roses in one hand and another behind his back. "Sorry for what happened back at my place.", he confessed. I couldn't blame him, he was drunk. "Then why have you been drinking?", I managed to let out. I felt my lungs grow tighter. Simon stared down at the floor in guilt. "I couldn't believe that you were gone. I just couldn't. All I would do is drink alchohol 24/7.", he admitted. My small eyes widened. 

"Why? Simon, you're not that kind of guy. Why?", remembering back to our good times, tears streamed down my cheeks. He looked back up to my eyes and got down on one knee, holding my hand. "I love you too much, Brynn. I didn't want to admit that you weren't here with me anymore.", I saw tears scroll down his cheeks. I've never seen Simon cry before. I felt my heart pound with every second.

"Simon, it's okay.", I lied. I hated the thought that he was getting himself high just cause he thought I was gone. He shook his head. He looked up and wiped his tears. I raised my hand up to his cheek and wiped away some tears with him. He smiled and chuckled a bit. "I'm sorry. Now, to tell you the reason I came here.", Simon placed the roses next to me and took out what was behind his back.

"Brynn Lee, will you marry me?"