Chapter 32

The both of us walk back home, with Simon's arm around my shoulders. The thought of Samantha still haunted me; and so did the thought of my so-called "brother".

"What did she do to you?", Simon played with my hair.

Still sobbing a bit, I told him the story.

All of a sudden, we stop walking. Simon's arm slides off my shoulders. "She said the same thing to me, about a sister."

My heart nearly exploded. "You don't think...?", we gulped at the same time.

***

"Mom, im home!", I threw my book bag down on the floor and tossed the keys on the table. I searched the house for my mother. As usual, I found a note on the fridge:

"Hey hun. Once you finish reading this, call me. ~Kisses, Mum."

An odd number was placed on the note. It wasn't mom's but I decided to call it.

After several rings, a man's voice came on the line.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is Mrs.Lee there?"

"Oh hi honey. It's your old man."

I giggled. "Oh wow. Is mom there?"

"Mom? I haven't seen her all day. Why?"

I felt a puzzled look form itself on my face. "She left a note saying to call her and there was your number."

"Try calling her in her phone."

"Alright, thanks dad. Hey, um, can I ask you personal question?"

"Is this about your period?"

I blushed. "No dad."

"Oh good! Okay, ask away."

"Do I have a sibling?"

A long silence came from the other line. "Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Did you hear me?"

"Um... no not really. The connection here in tampa is really bad...um... I'll call you later okay? Kisses! Bye!"

The call finished. Why didn't he wanna tell me? Something is going on and im planning on finding out.