Chapter 38

I woke up to find myself in some kind of fancy looking room. "What the--?", I muttered under my breath. As I push my swollen body up with my elbows, I found some random lady wearing a cute maid's outfit standing before me.

"Um, may I help you?", the sun's shine blinded me and I pulled up a hand to block.

"Brynn, your aunt is waiting for you in the kitchen.", the petite woman answered. She brushed off her hands on her mini apron.

I looked around. The pale orange walls surrounded the room. I glanced at where my head rested for the night to see a King size bed with purple fat covers.

"Where am I?", I wondered. My head swirled as for everything was so "new" to me.

"Your aunt will explain everything. You should freshen up for breakfast.", she brushed the tip of her braid with her small fingers and walked out the wooden door.

I crawled out of bed, feeling a little dazed. I couldn't quite remember much of anything except for what happened just now. I tried to find my way to the bathroom. The house felt like a mystery maze with many fancy carved wooden doors and many narrow hallways. I checked every door until I finally found the bathroom. When I finished freshening up, I tried to find my way to the kitchen.

When I finally got to the enormous kitchen, I found a black haired, tan skinned, woman wearing a pink robe wrapped around her, drinking some coffee; well, I assume its coffee.

"Good morning cupcake. Slept well?", she took a sip from her little tea cup and laid back in her chair.

"Um, who are you?", I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. The lady mumbled something under her breath, took a sip from her cup, and got up from her chair.

"It's me, aunt Marisa? You surely have to remember me, dear.", she extended her arms, as if giving some kind of gesture. I tried to recall who she was. Aunt Marisa, famous lawyer who loves to manipulate others, lives in a mansion, and cannot be trusted for anything.

"Marisa? Where am I?"

Marisa gave a smirk, looking pleased with herself. "You're in my mansion here in California.", she spanned around in place.

"Then why are we in California?"

"You're mother decided you should take some new opportunities so she let you come live with me."

"Woah, woah, WOAH. I don't remember ever AGREEING to this.", I held up a hand, stopping her from continuing.

"Well, you did.", she continued and sat back down in her comfy looking chair. "You're gonna live here for a while, but don't worry. You'll meet tons of new people and maybe even celebrities!"

New opportunities? Celebrities? This sounded like a challenge but I kinda liked the idea. Meeting some hot new celebs, living in a mansion in CALIFORNIA? I was starting to see where this was going.

"It does sound like a good idea..."

"It does, doesn't it?"

Hmm, I guess it is time for some new opportunities. But somewhere deep inside of me, I feel like theres someone really worrying about me. I just can't seem to know if its just me or if my mind is just playing tricks on me.

Oh well. I guess its nothing. Look out world, here I come!