Chapter 12

I was glad to be back in school. Sadly, I had to use crutches to walk. The good thing was that if I was late to class, I had reason.

I saw Danny, Max, and Samantha waiting for me at the stairs. Danny is a freshman so she was with her boyfriend and all her other friends. Everyone asked what happened to me and Simon. We told the story so many times that we sounded like a broken record.

"Aww! That's sweet, but painful.", typical Samantha decided to say something blonde-ish.

"Oh my gosh! Hope you feel better, Brynn!", Danny sounded a little worried.

"Nice. You just HAD to get yourself nearly killed.", Max's sarcasm nearly made me cry. Then he gave me a friendly pat in the back and messed with my hair. "Hope you get better, though."

"Thanks guys.", I smiled. I was thankful for those who cared about me. It made me forget the pain I had.

***

Ah, class. I've always hated Mondays but I really needed some time to focus on school. My third period, dance.

Dance is filled with seventh graders and other eighth graders. Since I can't dance, Ms.Dee, my dance teacher, told me to go to the class next door. My friend helped me out and opened the doors for me. Once I went inside, I felt like in heaven.

This was an enormous room! It was a lot bigger than all the other class rooms, which was strange. No one was inside except for a man. He looked rather busy doing something on the computer and was really into it.

"Hello?", I called out.

The man literally hopped on his chair and quickly closed what was on his computer. He cleared his throat, "Oh! Sorry, you gave me a little scare there! Eh em... may I help you, young lady?"

"I have a fractured leg. Ms.Dee from next door sent me here."

"Oh, so I see.", the man stood up from his computer chair. "Please excuse me for a second, ma'am. You may sit down anywhere you like." The man stepped out and closed the door. I looked around and noticed all the instruments. There was a shelf full of trophies and a cabinet full of each small instrument of all shapes and sizes. There was a giant double door that was slightly opened. I imagined that bigger instruments were in there.

I also saw the shiniest piano ever. It was one of those fancy, big pianos where you can open the top. I sat on the chair in front of the piano and touched the edge. I've never had owned one of these before. I played a few keys; perfectly in tune.

I found some music sheets and played the melodies. They were nice and relaxing.

That's when mister teacher man walks in.