Chapter 11

I wiped the tear from my eye. Was it just me, or was Simon actually alive? Not that I thought he was dead or anything.

"Brynn? Is that you?"

"Simon!" I got up from my wheel chair and hugged him tightly, happy that he was okay. My leg was filled with pain but I didn't care. Simon sat up and hugged me with his good arm.

I sat in a little space on Simon's hospital bed. I grabbed his cast arm and placed it on my lap. Simon looked at my leg with a worried face. I nodded.

"What happened back there?", I asked him.

"You some how fainted in the middle of the road. A car was coming and I signaled it to stop but it kept going. I had to hurry up and carry you out of the road. The car came towards us and I signaled it again but I accidentally slammed my arm with the car. The driver called 9-1-1 for me and the ambulance took us both to the hospital."

"Oh.", I sighed and played with his fingers. "Besides the accident, I had a lot of fun yesterday.", I tried to turn both of our frowns upside down.

Simon chuckled. "Heh, yea."

We both kinda chuckled and looked up at each others eyes.

"Hey, you didn't have to do that for me."

"I had to! I didn't want to let you--", I already knew what Simon was about to say.

None of us spoke for a while.

He stared into my green eyes and I stared into his blue eyes. For some reason, it was romantic but I wasn't in the mood. I let go of his hand and sat back down on my wheel chair.

Simon got up from bed, I had noticed he was just wearing his shorts from before and no shirt. He put on his tank top and took me back to my room.

"Hey guys. Oh, hello Simon I see your awake.", my dad was drinking coffee in the waiting room.

"Where's mom?", I asked.

"Shes in your hospital room to help you change since you have a bad leg."

"Alright. Thanks for visiting me dad.", I smiled a childish smile. I haven't seen my dad for about two months now since he's always on business trips. I was glad he came back for a bit and that he cared.

"I'll take her to her room, Sir.", Simon volunteered.

"Thanks, lad.", dad is about forty years old but he still considers himself old.

Simon gave a smirk and took me back to the hospital room. I saw my mom there with a bag of clothes.

"Oh my gosh! Brynn, Simon, are you okay? I heard everything!"

"It's okay mom were fine. We'll have to wear this for a few weeks but we'll be fine."

Mom helped me up and out of the wheel chair and into the bathroom. I've broken a leg before so I already knew how to get dressed.

***

I was wearing my old gym shorts and a blue T-shirt. I brushed my hair with my fingers and put it up into a ponytail. I found crocs sitting on the floor next to the door and I slipped one on. I hopped outside and sat on the wheel chair. I guess Simon saw the shoe in my hand and decided to put it on me.

"May I?", he said just like a prince.

I giggled. "You may."

He carefully held my foot in his hand and slipped on the shoe. It felt like a Cinderella story, except without the dresses, the crowns, and the evil step sisters and evil step mother.

***

Back at home, I sat on my bed, grabbed my wireless keyboard, and decided to play a few tunes. Then, I heard a knock on the door. It was Simon. He walked in and sat next to me. He played a few keys. Even with a cast he still played beautifully. We played a few songs together like last time and our hands accidentally touched a few times but we didn't make a big deal about it.

Simon said a few jokes but that didn't cheer me up. It was bad enough the thought of the dream about Max and Samantha were haunting me and now, I almost got us killed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. I felt protected around him, like the accident. I nearly got killed and he saved me. I held his hand, his good hand.

"I heard what you said back in the hospital.", he broke the silence.

I blushed. "Everything?"

"Yea." I felt the heat of his face. I guess he was blushing too.

He leaned his head on mine and held my hand even tighter.

Somehow, this was a good start for a good relationship.