Chapter 16

I woke up with a gasp. I looked next to me to see if Simon was still there. Nope, he must of left.

I glanced at the clock; 7:30. I quickly got up from bed and chose a typical Wednesday outfit. I wore some orange jeans and a Hollister top with some toms.

Good thing mom was home or else I would be really late. She gave me a ride to school.

***

Since I didn't go to school yesterday, I had the same classes as Monday. Ms.Dee sent me next door again and I saw Simon there playing some guitar and laughing with Mr.Mars.

"Oh, greetings Brynn! Welcome, welcome! Please take a seat.", Mr.Mars' french accent always made me laugh inside.

Simon gave me a smirk and waved at me.

I sat back down at the piano. The piano's back must be about five or seven feet long. Yes, it was a VERY big piano.

I didn't play anything. My fingers were starting to get cramps and I was running out of songs to play so I just sat there.

I fee two hands plant themselves on my shoulders. I nearly jumped. I felt a chin on top of my head. "Were you comfortable sleeping on my shoulder last night?", it was none other than Simon. I looked up. Our eyes and nose met.

I giggled and he kissed my forehead. I blushed. Simon, Mr.Mars, and I talked for a bit.

***

After school, Simon and I walked home.

We really didn't have much to talk about, that's when he brought up the name Samantha.

"I can tell you really care about your friend."

"Who, Max? Yea I guess. He's been like my 'Bro from another Mo' since like forever."

"Im getting the feeling you don't trust Samantha, do you?"

I told him the story of what had happened to Samantha when she was younger and the things she would do to us before her brainwash. Then I told him about the dreams.

"Wow... I didn't think you felt that way. Maybe she does have some kind of 'evil plot' going on. You should probably ignore it though and care about your own life.", Simon was right. I should let Max handle his own problems instead of me babying him.

"You're right, Simon. Thanks for being there for me. I don't think my life would have never been the same before you came here."