Chapter 28

I ran out the door and ran to the beach.

Life was getting so damn complicated with this whole Simon and Max thing. Who knew I was gonna get myself into this?

I felt the sand tingle in between my toes and smelled the salty water air. I sat in the sand and stared out at ocran; just to get my mind off of things.

I found a seagull and a crab fighting each other. Surprisingly, the crab won. I chuckled a bit.

"Brynn?", a shadow sat next to me. "Are you okay?" Simon placed his hand on mine.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I told Simon the story about Max; but I didn't tell him I liked it.

"Wow...", Simon was left nearly speechless. I don't think he knew Max that well so it wasn't much of a problem. I stared down at the wet sand and drew an infinity sign. In less than a minute, the water washed it away. Tears began to flood my eyes.

As I keep drawing in the sand, I see Simon's head looking up to me. I giggled and we both looked up at each other.

"Brynn, it's okay. It's not your fault. You can't demand the heart.", he smiles puts back my hair behind my ear. He stands up and holds out his hand. "Let's go."

***

Dad took us to a place called "Yogurt Land". It wasn't very big but had a cute theme. There were a few umbrella tables outside and some tables inside. The workers wore green uniforms with the "Yogurt Land" logo, which was just the name, and little green sailor hats.

We grabbed a medium sized cup and walked to the yogurt section. There was so many to choose from! There was red velvet, vanilla, coconut, pineapple, and my favorite; cookies and cream.

I tried to make a perfect swirl but I ultimately failed. I threw away the cup and tried again, failure. I saw Simon's swirl. Perfect... I grabbed the third cup. Before I could do another "masterpiece", Simon caught hold of my arm. Here, let me help you." He places the cup under the machine. Like magic, another perfect swirl. I gave him a slight shove and went to the toppings section. There was so many fattening things you can choose from! I poured some sprinkles, gummy worms, gummy bears, M&M's, and to top it all off, a cherry on top.

As we all ate under an umbrella table, we talked for a bit. We even swapped yogurts just to see how it tasted.

Delicious..