Chapter 20

Back at the house, we met mom and dad outside in the pool. It was about five o'clock in the afternoon.

"Hi honey! How was your day?, mom asked popping her head out of the water. Simon and I looked at each other and grinned.

"We had a lot of fun today. What are we gonna eat? Im starving!", my stomach roared like a lion.

Mom gets out of the water and dries herself, wrapping the towel around her. She takes something from her purse and hands it to me. I was her wallet.

"You two can go out to eat. Call me when you find the spot and we will meet you there."

***

When I finished taking a shower, I decided to wear a dress. I wore this strapless dress that carried layers of different colors and was up to me knees. I wore some black flats and waited for Simon. I sat outside in front of our room.

"You look beautiful this evening.", I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear. I turn my head to see Simon's face just inches away from mine. One arm was on the back of my chair and the other one was on my lap. Our eyes wandered around as romance filled the air.

I hear someone clear their throat and Simon and I snapped out of it. He backed away and turned to see my dad standing in the doorway.

"Having fun I see?"

That was really awkward, but you know, their my parents so yea. Despite of all the embarrassment, I still trust them.

We laughed nervously and my dad nodded at Simon.

***

Simon and I searched for a good place to eat. All the street lights were on and the ocean looked beautiful as the moon shined over it. I looked into my mom's wallet.

"Fifty bucks.", I told Simon.

He nodded and we moved on. It took us half an hour but we finally found it. We went to a simple restaurant that I had forgot the name of. It was an Argentinian steak house. Mmm...

I called my mom and in a few minutes, our parents had finally came. Simon reserved a table for six. The waiter was very kind and led us to our table. He was probably just acting to get a good tip. He was doing a good job at it too.

***

I was stuffed! We ate these enormous medium rare steaks with some soft drinks and some appetizers. It was a good feast.