Chapter 10

Chapter 10.

August

"Say, April you ready!"

"I'm coming out now!"She yelled.

Everybody was downstairs waitin' on us and I was pretty much done. April was da' one ova' doing shit.

I looked on top of ma' dresser, trynna see what cologne ta' use. I heard ma' bafroom do' open and looked seeing April come out.

"You clean up nice."She smiled.

"I do, huh?"I looked down at ma' fit.

"Nigga, that was your cue to say 'Thanks, you do too.'"She shook ha' head diggin through all the perfumes I bought ha'.

"Shit ma' bad,"I turned around."Come hea'."

She sprayed on ha' stuff befo' walkin ova' ta me. I grabbed ha' hand and twirled ha' around ta see how she was lookin'.

"Well?"She asked.

"Puuurfect."I smirked pinching ha' cheek.

"I know huh?"She mocked me lookin' down at ha' heels.

"Shut cho ass up."I smacked ma' teeth.

"What are you doing anyway?"

"Trynna pick out a cologne."I turned back ta ma' dresser.

"Hmm."She looked at them too befo' pulling one."This one."

"This one?"I took it outta ha' hand."Why?"

"I like this one on you, so that's just one woman's opinion. Just imagine all of the girls in the club tonight."She elbowed me a lil, smiling.

"Whateva."I chuckled shakin' ma' head."I ain't looking into allat right na."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really."I sprayed some on me."Na, let's bounce."

*

*

*

April

I stepped out of the car and fixed my dress a little with August getting out of the driver side. He came around and stood in front of me, towering over me as always.

"What?"I frowned, ready to get into the club already.

"April, I'm warning you dawg, please don't go too hard tonight."

"I'm not, I'm just go-"

"Gon' drink till you pass out like last year."

I kissed my teeth,"That was a classic mistake. It was my twenty-first birthday!"

"Okay and ion need you cuttin' up 'dis time. I know you like da' back of ma' hand. Don't show ya' ass."He pointed a finger in my face.

"Okay."I rolled my eyes.

He held his hand out for me to take and reluctantly I did. We met up with the rest of the group at the line and waited our turn to get in.

"Oooh lala, I love those shoes."Lola smiled, pointing to my new heels.

"Yeah, their cute."London agreed.

"Thank you. Aug got them for me."

"I see,"Lola looked August up and down,"you know my birthday's coming up too, if you wanna break a sista off."

"Break you off?"He mugged her."Man they prolly don't 'een have yo size. Big, monsta' feet ass."

"Why you always gotta go there with me?"She kissed her teeth."Pine cone head bastard. I can't stand you."