Chapter 32

Chapter 32.

April.

"You want anything to drink while we right here?"Jaxon asked me.

"No thanks, help yourself."I chuckled gesturing to the bar. He smirked and kissed my cheek before going to order himself a drink.

It was like I was in this by myself since Lola and London basically bailed on me. They both wanted to stay in tonight and I wanted to as well, but I couldn't bring myself to upset August in that way.

It was already clear that he was suspicious of my ways towards him. He's been taking glances at me all night since I haven't went up to speak to him yet.

"You don't look too happy."Jaxon came back over with a drink.

"I'm not happy but I'm not sad either."

"And that meeeans?"

"It means I'm just relaxing, that's it."I shrugged."Are you happy?"

He moved his arms around my waist,"Well I'm with you. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

Because I'm in love with someone else.

I shrugged."Some people tend to not be happy in relationships...Just wanted to know if that person was you."

"Well I'm gonna be honest. If I wasn't happy, I wouldn't be with ya'."He drunk some of his drink."Because a person should never jeopardize their own happiness to make others happy."

"But what if that's just the type of person they are? A people pleaser."I spoke about myself.

"Then they need to get it together before it's too late, because shit could hit the fan like,"He snapped his fingers,"that."

"You seem like you know so much about it."

"Went through somethin' similar with my ex. She left me for my best friend so,"He shrugged,"kind of stung a whole lot you know? Leaves a nasty scar."

"Why'd she leave you?"

"She was in love with him the entire time but didn't realize it until I proposed to her."

"Wow."My eyes widened."How long were you two together?"

"Three years."

"Kind of early to get married don't you think?"He shrugged and took another gulp of the alcohol."Not really. When you're in love with someone you don't really see it as too much time ahead–more like not enough time."

"Well, do you at least see her still?"

"She's pregnant now."He downed the last bit of the drink."And now I need another drink, be right back."He kissed my cheek and went back to order himself a drink from the bar.

Kandy and August were just a few seats down so there was no telling whether or not they heard our conversation.

I wonder if that's the reason he drinks though. Because he misses her. I mean she left him for another man, his best friend at that, after he had already proposed to her.

God I hope he doesn't propose to me.

Just as I start picturing myself walking down the aisle, I feel someone nudge my shoulder.

"You alright baybeh?"August asked.

"Fine."I did a tight smile."Just relaxing."

"You lookin' sad ta' me."He grabbed my hand."Sho' they ain't got nun you wanna talk ta' me about?"

"No."I lied."I'm fine."

"Why I feel like you lyin' ta' me?"He tilted his head.

"I don't know."I shrugged and looked around."Where'd Kandy go?"