Chapter 28

Chapter 28.

April.

"Just keeping it honest, you wouldn't want a young nigga if I wasn't whipping this foreign.."

I sang along to Tory Lanez's song Say It while cleaning up around my apartment. The broom was used as my microphone while I swayed my hips to the beat.

"You gon' have to do more than just, say it."

You gon' have to do less when you, do it.

"Lil mama you know I,"I rubbed my hands down my curves.

Show it.
Always want you to, prove it.

To be honest, I'm happy everything went my way two weekends ago. August approved, some what in his own way, of Jaxon so there was no need to worry. However, as you saw previously the beginning didn't go too well and August wasn't holding up much on him. He asked him as much as he could within the small time frame we were there, not missing a beat.

On the other hand, we did sort of argue when we got back to my place.

"You're ridiculous sometimes, you know that?"I took off my coat.

"Ridiculous? Ridiculous how?"

"Was it really necessary to be so tough on him?"I started walking to my room.

"I wasn't bein' tough on him. Bein' tough on him would be askin' him if he got HIV or not."He followed behind me.

"August..you did ask that."

"Oh word?"He stopped at my door-seal with a stupid smile on his face."Well shit, I guess I was tough on him."

"You think?"I gave him a sarcastic look.

"Aye man whatchu gettin' so defensive fa' anyways? Ain't you da' one who wanted us ta' meet in da' first place?"

"Whether or not I wanted you two to meet doesn't even correlate with what happened tonight. You could've just stuck with some simple questions, ate your food, and left it alone."I began removing my jewelry.

"Aye man, dat food was nasty as fuck. Ain't have no typa flava' or nun."He said while removing his shoes."So you can't even fault me fa' dat."

"Whatever."I rolled my eyes."I just think it's unfair that I can act civilized with Kandy and you can't with Jaxon."

"Well dat's because you actually took a likin' ta' Kandy. Me personally, I don't give a fuck about Jason–"

"You know his name."I put my hands on my hips.

"Jason. Jaxon. What's da' difference? Anyways, what I'm sayin' is, jus' cause you approved whole-heartedly of Kandy don't mean I gotta do da' same fa' Jaxon."He removed his jewelry, sitting it on the dresser.

"How would you know if I approved whole-heartedly of Kandy?"

"I'm jus' goin' off of whatchu said and how you was actin'."

"Exactly. How I had acted and what I had said."I shifted all my weight to my left."August I'm gonna be honest and say I don't even trust Kandy that much–"

"So whatchu-"

"But I put my thoughts aside to make you happy. I see that you like her and I don't want to be the one to break that up."I moved my hair to one side."Now come unzip me."