Chapter 17

Chapter 17.

April

I turned a little in the mirror, examining the dress I slipped out of my closet. It's nothing special but I mean, I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not working it.

We just woke up a few hours ago and it was still New Years Eve morning. We called a cab to arrive at the hotel for us, August not wanting to walk anywhere we need to go and also not wanting to take the bus. I was completely fine with that.

"Ouuu, she givin' body,"August snapped.

"Body? What? Body on what boy?"I started being all extra. Twirling around and all.

"Uh oh, best friend body on fleek. Ain't dat' da' new shit yall be sayin'?"He chuckled spraying a little cologne on.

I kissed my teeth,"Why you gotta act like a old man? This is your era too!"

"Nah, dis fucked up shit ain't nun of mine. I partake in da' 90's era, thank you very much."He shrugged smartly.

"Well I happen to like the diversity of this era, besides the killing foolishness."

"Yeah, I bet'cho ass do."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Nun man, whea' ma' babies at?"He started looking around for May and June.

"Must be doing something they don't have no business since they're quiet."

He sighed and grabbed his phone off of the table stand."Aight, I guess we'ca leave outchea ta' get breakfast. I'm starvin'. Da' taxi should be waitin' outside fa' us."

"Starving? August how could you say such a thing when I'm serving you face?"I flipped my hair and poked my tongue out.

"Girl sitcho bobby pin head ass down some whea',"He pushed my head.

August

"So where we going today?"April asked while we went down on da' elevator.

"Well after we eat, I was thinkin' bout showin' you around."

"You think everything's pretty much the same since you left?"

"Some thangs mo' than others. But I'm pretty sho' I still know ma' way around."

"Okey-dokey,"She hoisted May up."We have to buy them leashes you know."

"Yeah I know,"I looked down at June in ma' arms,"Can't have ma' la'girls gettin' sick cause I'm holdin'em too much."

"They could get sick like that?"She asked as soon as da' doors slid open.

"Uh, duh. Didn't I jus' say dat?"I shook ma' head.

"Rude ass."She pinched ma' arm.

"Keep ya' hands ta' ya'self Miss Anderson."

"Keep your comments to yourself Mister Alsina,"She rolled ha' eyes.