Chapter 29

Chapter 29.

April.

"Well I'm wearing this cream kind of color,"I told Lola over the phone,"I don't know about you."

"I have a black color chick,"She boosted.

"Okaaay. Either you just found some money or you got ate out."I said, noticing the tone of her voice.

"Mmm."She hummed.

"Definitely got ate."I confirmed.

"Like a ThanksGiving plate."She yelped."Girl his tongue works wonders!"

"Really now? Who is this wonderful tongue man?"

"Not anybody you know."She sighed."I've been seeing him for a while now, around four months or so."

"Is it serious?"

"Not too serious. I haven't let him meet Roman yet."

"Oh. Well I hope everything works out."

"Me too,"I heard her car shut off,"Okay, open up I'm outside."

I hit end on our call and went to the front door. Sure enough she was climbing out of the car with an overnight bag.

"Hurry up the sun is stinging my eyes!"I rushed her.

She shut her car door and stopped, giving me a 'don't test me' look.

"Girl don't try to kill my vibe."She started walking up to the door."I just got some good head, Roman is by my dad, and I'm gonna get drunk tonight."

I just shook my head and shut the door behind her.

"Ouu, bitch who gave you this?"She poked the big teddy bear."Jaxon must be sprung as hell."

"Actually Aug got that for me,"I shrugged.

"And this?"She pointed to the roses.

I nodded.

"...What did Jaxon say?"She went to go sit on the couch.

"Uh, nothing."I chuckled."Why would he say something?"

"Maybe because some other nigga is treating his girl like only he should be treating her."

"Jaxon did buy me nice gifts though,"I sat next to her,"We went shopping."

"What did you get him?"

"Nothing. He said he didn't want anything other than to spend the night with me."

"What did you get August?"

"Uh, three hats, a watch, chocolate and a customized teddy bear."

"A customized teddy bear?"

"Yeah, there's this place in Georgia that sells them so I got it shipped a few days before Valentine's Day. It's black and every time you press the read heart in its hand it says 'I love you' in my voice. Isn't that cute?"I smiled.

"Fix it Jesus,"She shook her head and pursed her lips.

"What? What was so bad about our gifts?"

"It's like you're in two different relationships."

"No it's not,"I snorted.

"Yes it is,"She nodded seriously,"The both of yall. It's like yall are with the person yall want and the person yall need. You're only with the person you want because you're afraid to be with the person you need."

"That's not true–"

"Yes it is!"She chuckled."I bet you can't tell me one time you haven't thought about August while you were with Jaxon."