Chapter 27

Chapter 27.

April.

"Gimmie some Aug."

"Gimmie got shot."

"Gimmie went to the hospital around the block,"I took some anyways.

"Nigga can't have shit ta' theyself,"He complained, moving the box on his lap.

"You're not supposed to be eating in the driver's seat anyways."

"But I am. So what?"He grabbed another chicken from the box.

"So that's a hazard."I answered smartly, going for his bag again.

"Officer! Officer! This girl trynna rape me innis car."He yelled.

"Aug!"I laughed.

"She goin' fa' my pants!"

"I'm going for the food dumb dumb."I dug in his bag and pulled out fries.

"Yeah, you say dat na' cause I called you out. Knowin' you wanted ta' see ma' peedy-whacka'."

"Boy."I laughed and threw my head back."Shut the heck up."

"And why you ain't sleep on top of me last night? Had a nigga all cold and sh–"

"Because sir, you don't know where to properly put your hands."

"Whatchu mean?"He scrunched his eyebrows.

"I mean your hands end up in my pants and that's no fun."I shook my head.

"Mmm,"He nodded,"das why ma' hand be smellin' like dove. Ion een use dove."

"Duh."I rolled my eyes."I know that."

"Duh."He mocked me."I know dat."

"Shut up fat head,"I frowned,"I have an exam when I get back to school."

"Fa'real? You studied?"

"No. I would actually like for my loving, caring, and handsome best friend to help me out."

"Loving? Caring? Handsome?"He nodded."Yup, sound like Lola ta' me. Call ha' up and see–"

"Stop it!"I laughed and hit his shoulder."Oh my gooosh, you're so annoying."

He chuckled as well before fishing out his ringing phone.

"Wazzam?"He asked."Oh what's poppin' la'baybeh, how ya' been? Oh das good. What about cha' sista's? Oh yeah? Betta' tell Chay cut allat fightin' out."

He continued to talk on the phone before handing it over to me.

"Uh hello?"I asked confused.

"Hey April!"A baby's voice screamed.

"Not so loud Kay,"Someone said in the background. I inevitably recognized the voices as Chandra and Kayden.

"Hey Kayden,"I laughed.

"Heeeey, whatchu doin'?"She asked.

"I'm sorry girl, she jus' been beggin' ta' talk ta' you eva' since yall left."Chandra said.

"No, it's okay. And girl, I'm not doing nothing at all."I told Kayden.

"You coming back?"Chay said in the background.

"Uh, maybe so. Your Uncle August said we'd come down for Mardi Gras."

"And you sleeping by us?"Kayden asked with excitement clear in her voice.

"If you want me to."I chuckled.

"We do!"They all screamed.

"Laaaawd, trynna take ma' best friend from me,"August laughed since he heard how loud they were.