Chapter 12

Chapter 12.

April.

"Are you for real right now August?"I laughed.

"Man why our seats so fuckin' close ta dis shit anyways?"

"You ordered them!"

He was being a big ass baby when the lions and the lion tamer came out. Claiming that the man didn't know what he was doing and the lions would get out of the cage.

"August, baby, they do thousands of shows like this. You're fine."I tried to calm him down.

"Nah man, dem things gettin' mad."He tried to get up to leave but I sat him back down.

"August, cut it out,"I giggled,"you're starting to scare the kids."

"Man fuck dese ki-"

I covered his mouth just as a white lady turned to look at us disapprovingly.

"Sorry,"I apologized to her.

She just tooted her nose up at me and looked away.

"Look,"I turned his face towards me,"you need to calm down. Those lions are not getting out. They're trained, you understand?"

He nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah..yeah you right, I'm trippin'."He shook his head."Dem thangs can't get outta-"

The lion turned around and roared our way making August jump up.

"Man fuck this, I gotta get up outta hea'."He darted towards the stairs.

"August! August!"I called after him but he just kept going.

Oh my god.

*

*

*

August

Once da' show was ova', April came out da' do' shaking ha' head at me.

"I cannot believe you cut up like that."

"Cut up like what?"We started walkin' ta the exit.

"Like a baby."She giggled.

"Neva' man. Call it what'cha wun' but I bet I was gon' be da' only one alive after dem lions toe' yall ass up."

She jus' kept on laughin' and shakin' ha' head at me. She laughin' na but I bet she'a be da' first one cryin' when they got out.

"I just can't believe you left out."

"I wasn't bouta get ate by no lions."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah cry baby."

"Shut cho' ass up."I took ha' hand in mine so I wouldn't lose ha' in da' crowd.

"No you shut up."She laughed."Scared of them lions behind the cage."

I shook ma' head and held ha' close ta me all the way till we made it outside.

"I lost Lola and Roman."She pouted.

"Jus' text ha' ta meet chu'."I shrugged scrollin' through Instagram on ma' phone.

"Nah. I'm kinda tired and I know she has to be beyond exhausted."

I shrugged ma' shoulders and went ta ma' follow requests. I accepted a few people I knew in the game but one nigga stood out.